Changed Drivers Seat/ Seatbelt Light Won't Turn Off/ Reward

beachlover

Ok $5 Paypal cash to whomever is the first to post the correct answer (Hope that's allowed) because I desperately need the answer soon....I replaced my 2000 RX drivers seat with a seat from a 2001. everything went well, except that the seatbelt warning light continues to blink while I'm driving. So if anyone also did this, or has the wiring diagrams for both the 2000 and 2001 and can tell me what wires to jumper or eliminate.....I do not want to compromise the safety features that are on the 2000, but suspect there is an additional feature on the 2001's that I need to bypass.....By the way all power/heated seats/side air bag....

Ok $5 Paypal cash to whomever is the first to post the correct answer (Hope that's allowed) because I desperately need the answer soon....I replaced my 2000 RX drivers seat with a seat from a 2001. everything went well, except that the seatbelt warning light continues to blink while I'm driving. So if anyone also did this, or has the wiring diagrams for both the 2000 and 2001 and can tell me what wires to jumper or eliminate.....I do not want to compromise the safety features that are on the 2000, but suspect there is an additional feature on the 2001's that I need to bypass.....By the way all power/heated seats/side air bag....

It could be a grounding issue. Sorry, I don't have a wire diagram. Good Luck, no paypal required (if my thoughts happen to help.)

In my Porsche, if you fiddle with the seatbelt wiring or look at it wrong, you will throw the light. Also, there maybe other sensors on the seat that once denied power will also throw the light. Unforntunatly, clearing it requires a trip to the dealer (or some indie with the official computer stuff).

Regard, PK

I actually have done this- replaced all the seats in my 03 Rx300. AND, i actually had this exact problem.

It ended up being the new seat's seatbelt latch (on the side of the seat). There must have been some loose wires or a bad switch in there, because the computer couldn't register that a belt was actually clicked in when it was.

You can use the seatbelt latch from your old seats (if you still have them).

The piece i'm talking about is the latch with the red button on it.

You can do a test.

Find the plug that goes to the seatbelt latch, and find the two pins in the plug (that comes out of the floor). Connect the two pins with a paperclip (simulating the seatbelt latch having the belt in it). If the light stops blinking, you know the belt is the problem.

I'm positive this is your issue :)

Update....Switched the seatbelt latch as suggested...same blinking. I did notice that I could stop the blinking by turning on the drivers heated seat......

I have all the wiring diagrams for the 1999 ....

Does anyone have any of the wiring diagrams for the 2001 and/ or 2000 heated seats/ memory seat circuit/ warning light circuit because it's gotta be an issue there....