Any Tips On Purchasing A Ls430 For A Lexus Rookie?

Accordtunerz

So Im in the market for a new luxury car, ive owned mostly honda accords and BMWs over the years but right now i have the itch to get a 01-06 LS430.

My original thought was to get a 01 BMW E38 740i sport but we all know that bimmers are that good on reliability.

This has forced me to look outside my comfort zone which lead me to the LS430. Beautiful car, very luxurious, alot technology and some ability to be modified.

With that said, what are the things I should look for when purchasing one?

All comments and insight will be greatly appreciated.

This has been covered a lot recently; you can search for "ls430 purchase" and get a bunch of recent posts around this topic. No major gotchas to avoid (a la Mercedes) but the 04+ cars have some nice features. Shop around; there are plenty of nice cars to choose from. Good luck!

Go for an 04-06 (for the six speed) and avoid the ultra luxury (air suspension is a known problem point). Just my two cents.

If you get a higher mileage car (close to or above 90k miles) be aware of the timing belt change maintenance required at 90k. It is expensive ($1.5k at dealer) so you may want to factor that into your price. If buying from a dealer maybe save that as a closing item, they throw in 90k service to get you over the goal line.