Chrome Is Tearing Off Shift Knob

For a while now, the chrome on my shift knob has been slowly deteriorating. It make me a big angry that my Lexus shift knob would be painted w/ such crappy chrome.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Maybe warranty will cover this?

You know it's funny, I just noticed this on mine also the other day. TBH though, it's not a quality issue. It's a high PH issue in your body oils and persperation. It can have a very high alkaline content, and eat right thru chrome over time. You should see what a finger print will do to a gun if left uncleaned!

So I was thinking about getting an after market shift knob that was all leather, or maybe a leather carbon fiber combo one. I haven't even started looking yet.

For a while now, the chrome on my shift knob has been slowly deteriorating. It make me a big angry that my Lexus shift knob would be painted w/ such crappy chrome.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Maybe warranty will cover this?

You know it's funny, I just noticed this on mine also the other day. TBH though, it's not a quality issue. It's a high PH issue in your body oils and persperation. It can have a very high alkaline content, and eat right thru chrome over time. You should see what a finger print will do to a gun if left uncleaned!

So I was thinking about getting an after market shift knob that was all leather, or maybe a leather carbon fiber combo one. I haven't even started looking yet.

Any plans on where you might purchase? Let me know which one you choose.