Vp12 Performance Chip

brettg

Dear Friends,

A few months ago I purchased the VP12 performance chip. It took some time for the chip to work, but after a month or so my sc430 seems to accelerate much more aggresively. However, I wondered if this increased performance was "in my head".

Then :P the other day I had to take in my sc430 for repairs (thats another story). Fearing that the chip would void my extended warranty, I removed the chip. Almost instantly after removal, my throttle response seem to return to the factory baseline conditions which are much slower.

The point of the story: this VP12 chip really works. The chip improves throttle response and makes the car much more fun to drive, making the sc430 feel more like a sportscar and less like a sedan.

That's just my two cents!! Brett

I'm no expert, but as far as I understand the chip reprograms the ECU maps and uses the OEM map as the baseline condition. The chip hooks directly to the OBD-II port through several wires. I'm not mechanically inclined at all, but even I was able to do the install. The car just drives much more aggresively; I wasn't convinced until I actually removed the chip and the car went back to baseline conditions.

Brett

• 2 weeks later...
I'm no expert, but as far as I understand the chip reprograms the ECU maps and uses the OEM map as the baseline condition. The chip hooks directly to the OBD-II port through several wires. I'm not mechanically inclined at all, but even I was able to do the install. The car just drives much more aggresively; I wasn't convinced until I actually removed the chip and the car went back to baseline conditions.

Brett

It's your imagination........

• 1 year later...

Dear Friends,

A few months ago I purchased the VP12 performance chip. It took some time for the chip to work, but after a month or so my sc430 seems to accelerate much more aggresively. However, I wondered if this increased performance was "in my head".

Then :P the other day I had to take in my sc430 for repairs (thats another story). Fearing that the chip would void my extended warranty, I removed the chip. Almost instantly after removal, my throttle response seem to return to the factory baseline conditions which are much slower.

The point of the story: this VP12 chip really works. The chip improves throttle response and makes the car much more fun to drive, making the sc430 feel more like a sportscar and less like a sedan.

That's just my two cents!! Brett

Take your car to a performance shop. $75.00 for 3 pulls on a dyno. Do the first pull with the chip on, and then do the next one without and print them both and put them up here. I'll bet if anything, all you did was change the torque curve some. I'd be interested in seeing that for sure.