Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say?

Xerxes480

I've been reading this forum since Nov 2003, when we bought our '04 GX470. It kind of floors me that all I read here are the negative things about this car. Guess what?? You people are the minority of GX owners. Yes, I am sorry you're having problems with this car. It sucks to pay this much for a vehicle then have to deal with issues, especially when you have a difficult dealer to go through. We have almost 5000 miles on ours, and none of the problems reported here have surfaced. No thunks, vibrations, bad odors, electrical problems or faulty navigation system. The dealer has been awesome to work with, and we still get calls from our salesperson making sure everything is OK. In short, we love this car, which replaced '96 4Runner which was also loved. But man, what an upgrade!

Things we especially like:

- sound system

- navigation usability

- excellent snow/ice driving

- very safe car for our 1 year old to ride in

- incredible smooth ride...smoother than my Acura TL (no lie)

- good acceleration for a SUV, especially once we spring for the supercharger :D

C'mon, let's hear about things you love about this car! B)

-X-

PS - No I don't work for any dealership or Lexus, I'm just trying to see some positive posts here.

I agree, if it weren't for all of the problems, it would be a great vehicle. The problems just need to be fixed is the bottom line. I am sure others also agree about the positive aspects of the vehicle. But we are just ill about paying this kind of money for so many problems. I owned a Lincoln Navigator prior to this and never had a problem. I had a front light burn out in the first about 9,000 miles. I could not believe it. I had never had a light burn out in any other vehicle that I owned for years. I stopped another GX owner and asked her and she also hac 2 lights burn out within the first year. That is just to much of a coincidence! And she also had the same ac problem. Also a coincidence??? What is scary is the money we may have to put into this vehicle once the warranty is up. If there are this many problems now, what will it be like later. Aghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I've been reading this forum since Nov 2003, when we bought our '04 GX470.  It kind of floors me that all I read here are the negative things about this car.  Guess what??  You people are the minority of GX owners.  Yes, I am sorry you're having problems with this car.  It sucks to pay this much for a vehicle then have to deal with issues, especially when you have a difficult dealer to go through.  We have almost 5000 miles on ours, and none of the problems reported here have surfaced.  No thunks, vibrations, bad odors, electrical problems or faulty navigation system.  The dealer has been awesome to work with, and we still get calls from our salesperson making sure everything is OK.  In short, we love this car, which replaced '96 4Runner which was also loved.  But man, what an upgrade! 

Things we especially like:

- sound system

- navigation usability

- excellent snow/ice driving

- very safe car for our 1 year old to ride in

- incredible smooth ride...smoother than my Acura TL (no lie)

- good acceleration for a SUV, especially once we spring for the supercharger  :D

C'mon, let's hear about things you love about this car! B)

-X-

PS - No I don't work for any dealership or Lexus, I'm just trying to see some positive posts here.

I replaced a 98 4Runner with 90K that was a perfect vehicle for the entire time I had it. I never needed to fix a thing. The Lexus is a dream. I have not had anything to complain about in the first 2500 miles. Well, actually a tweeter speaker broke, but that's not a big deal!

The NAV is amazing and easy to use. And, it is good that I can't mess with it while driving. Once I had to pull over and put in a destination. That took me a minute. Not a big deal. The NAV (Lexus Lady) has taken me places that I did not know existed. Short cuts that are fantastic. And I am going to restaurants and other places in Boston that I would never have considered. Since I used to always be lost, I now drive with less stress and can focus on the road and what's around instead of worrying about trying to read super small street signs. This NAV system is worth every dollar and more.

The sound system is just fine. The very controlled, quiet and smooth ride and the is great. Plenty of power at all speeds, especially off the line.

In the snow it rides like it is on a track and in one instance where I was going way to fast and needed to make some emergency manuevers in fresh snow, DSC took over, the beep was a-beeping, and I avoided doing some serious damage to me and others. You had to be there or you just can't appreciate the appropriate use of technology.

One problem is that it rides so smooth and it is so quiet that you just go way to fast. I can live with this as I would not have it any other way.

One simple feature that is greatly appreciated, yet simple, is that when you use the windshield washer it moves the wiper three time, waits a few seconds, and moves them across the windshield one more time to catch the inevitable drip. And, did you notice that the washer fluid does not bleed over to the side windows? Now, that's nice.

So, it really is a great vehicle. Considering the massive amount of complexity in its capablities, I am not surprised that some people have some issues. It is unfortunate, but that's a fact of life. I also have a top-end European sedan that is loaded with gizmos as well and you just expect some issues due to all of the bleeding edge technology. That is why we have the service department. Hopefully, they do their job. Our job is to be reasonable. After all, you could buy a basic Toyota Camry, boring, but you probably would never have an issue. :D