Navigation Dvds

BrianP

Hi all... I have a 2007 ES350. I have the original DVDs for navigation (still need to hit the "I Agree" button). Can I tell what version I have and also what the latest version is? I'm trying to determine if it's worthwhile to upgrade. Also, any idea what the cost is for the latest version? Thanks...

Hi all... I have a 2007 ES350. I have the original DVDs for navigation (still need to hit the "I Agree" button). Can I tell what version I have and also what the latest version is? I'm trying to determine if it's worthwhile to upgrade. Also, any idea what the cost is for the latest version? Thanks...

I have a 2008 with Nav. Recently got a postcard from Lexus advertising (I think) version 9.1 for $199 plus installation. I was also wondering if the new version is that different. Does anyone know how to find out how much changed? In terms of new roads, corrections or add'l POI's?

Don

I have a 2008 with Nav. Recently got a postcard from Lexus advertising (I think) version 9.1 for $199 plus installation. I was also wondering if the new version is that different. Does anyone know how to find out how much changed? In terms of new roads, corrections or add'l POI's?

Don

Depends on where you live, and how many new roads there are. I upgraded mine, and haven't found it lacking yet. Don't let the dealer charge you for install, though. All you have to do is remove the curved piece directly below the screen, but use something to protect the screen from scratching. I slipped a credit card between the piece and the screen, slid it upwards and the piece popped off. The DVD drive is right there - the switchout was very simple and I saved .5 hours of labor (unbelievable...it's a 60 second process). You'd think with the money they get ($50 higher than a regular update for a Garmin) that they'd do that favor for you, but it IS Lexus.

• 3 weeks later...