Need Help With Master Key

Henri Luu

Hello to all,

I recently bought a 2004 ES330 from a previous owner. All the owner have given me after the purchase was a template key and the valet. He doesn't have a master keys nor any remotes. It is very inconvenience to open and close the door with a valet key. When it rain, I can't open the trunk to put my equipments into it. Does anybody know where I can get a master key made or do it myself? I've search all over the website, but most of the information is out of date. I don't want to go to the dealership which will charge me an arm and legs. Thanks you everybody in advance. :(:huh:

there are many discussions here on forums on this exact topic. use search button.

i believe you will have to go through the dealer to program your remote, since you dont have a master key with remote anymore. blank keys could be purchased on ebay or other sites.

there are many discussions here on forums on this exact topic. use search button.

i believe you will have to go through the dealer to program your remote, since you dont have a master key with remote anymore. blank keys could be purchased on ebay or other sites.

How much will this cost me?

A master key is about $165.00 list price. Then it will need programming, some dealers do it at little or no cost, others may charge you an hour or so labor. I would get on the phone and call around. Also will probably need proof of ownership and ID. You may check local locksmiths as well, we have at least one here in KC that can cut and program Lexus keys.

A master key is about $165.00 list price. Then it will need programming, some dealers do it at little or no cost, others may charge you an hour or so labor. I would get on the phone and call around. Also will probably need proof of ownership and ID. You may check local locksmiths as well, we have at least one here in KC that can cut and program Lexus keys.

I recently bought two blank uncut keys with remotes on E-bay for my 2003 Lexus ES300 from remotez4less on E-bay for a best offer amount of $64.00 each, e.g., $128.00 + $10.35 combined shipping and handling. They also can supply you with programming instructions as well and you may, in fact, be able to program the keys without having the dealer re-program the key for you as I read into their instructions. In any event, the Lexus dealer in Camp Hill, PA. cut the blank keys for me for $10.00 each. They also said they could program these for me if needed for $30.00 total. All together, this is still probably less than the Lexus dealer would charge for 1 key. The keys I bought after being cut do open the driver's door and turn over the ignition but they won't be able to start the car until I actually program them with the instructions they included. These instructions while very explicit and detailed do not seem to be too hard to follow. I would highly recommend their key blanks with remotes. They come with the 1616 battery installed in them as well and they were shipped out to me within a day or two. Good luck with your problem.

I recently bought two blank uncut keys with remotes on E-bay for my 2003 Lexus ES300 from remotez4less on E-bay for a best offer amount of $64.00 each, e.g., $128.00 + $10.35 combined shipping and handling. They also can supply you with programming instructions as well and you may, in fact, be able to program the keys without having the dealer re-program the key for you as I read into their instructions. In any event, the Lexus dealer in Camp Hill, PA. cut the blank keys for me for $10.00 each. They also said they could program these for me if needed for $30.00 total. All together, this is still probably less than the Lexus dealer would charge for 1 key. The keys I bought after being cut do open the driver's door and turn over the ignition but they won't be able to start the car until I actually program them with the instructions they included. These instructions while very explicit and detailed do not seem to be too hard to follow. I would highly recommend their key blanks with remotes. They come with the 1616 battery installed in them as well and they were shipped out to me within a day or two. Good luck with your problem.

Please keep me inform. thanks