2005 Rx330 Would You Buy A 4 Year Warranty?

Jameson

Good morning all, I would appreciate anyone's input I could get on this topic. I traded in my truck last week and I drove home in this nice 2005 RX330. I love it, it seems very nice and comfortable. The vehicle has 69k miles on it. It basically has everything on it except a Nav, which I don't mind at all. Before I left the dealership of course I got talk to about the financing's and I wasn't going to buy a warranty but of course they drop the price on it and work with you on it, so you buy something from them. I ending up buying a 4 year warranty or 48000 mi/year under VehicleOne (Guessing thats the company). I bought the select package which is major coverage plus and then some additional coverage options that normally come with the premium package, the titles for the extras are Seals&Gaskets and High Tech. Here is a link to Vehicle Ones Coverages http://www.uwcdealers.com/products/vehicleone.html (I hope we can post links, I couldn't remember if I read anything about it in the user agreement). Anyway I just want peoples opinions on this to see if its really work 2400 bucks, or is it just the peace of mind thing. I have 60 days to cancel I'm just not sure if my car is going to have 2400 bucks work of problems in the next 4 years. Thanks for any advice and opinions.

Good morning all, I would appreciate anyone's input I could get on this topic. I traded in my truck last week and I drove home in this nice 2005 RX330. I love it, it seems very nice and comfortable. The vehicle has 69k miles on it. It basically has everything on it except a Nav, which I don't mind at all. Before I left the dealership of course I got talk to about the financing's and I wasn't going to buy a warranty but of course they drop the price on it and work with you on it, so you buy something from them. I ending up buying a 4 year warranty or 48000 mi/year under VehicleOne (Guessing thats the company). I bought the select package which is major coverage plus and then some additional coverage options that normally come with the premium package, the titles for the extras are Seals&Gaskets and High Tech. Here is a link to Vehicle Ones Coverages http://www.uwcdealers.com/products/vehicleone.html (I hope we can post links, I couldn't remember if I read anything about it in the user agreement). Anyway I just want peoples opinions on this to see if its really work 2400 bucks, or is it just the peace of mind thing. I have 60 days to cancel I'm just not sure if my car is going to have 2400 bucks work of problems in the next 4 years. Thanks for any advice and opinions.

Check this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...t=0#entry371423

I had asked the price of an ext4endede warranty (3years) at the end of the existing warranty of my 2009 RX350. Cost was a lot lower than you stated, coverage was the "Lexus" coverage, and it could be gotten until the end of the factory warranty.... so I did not pursue it at this time. If your factory original warranty is still in force - ending -, you could check it out... Good luck!

Check this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...t=0#entry371423

I had asked the price of an ext4endede warranty (3years) at the end of the existing warranty of my 2009 RX350. Cost was a lot lower than you stated, coverage was the "Lexus" coverage, and it could be gotten until the end of the factory warranty.... so I did not pursue it at this time. If your factory original warranty is still in force - ending -, you could check it out... Good luck!

Thank you for the reply I will definitely look into this.

This is always a tough question to answer. It really depends on your ability to cover a catastrophic repair versus your willingnesss to spend the upfront money for the warranty. The general consensus seems to be that you're better off putting the money otherwise spent on the extended warranty into some type of interest bearing account and using it in the event of a needed repair. No question the company issuing the warranty has to make money somehow.

I would put that 2400 into the saving and let it accumulate interests. If something happen, most likely not with a lexus, I would use that money to pay for it. After 4 years and nothing happen, you are looking 2400+ in the bank.

I would put that 2400 into the saving and let it accumulate interests. If something happen, most likely not with a lexus, I would use that money to pay for it. After 4 years and nothing happen, you are looking 2400+ in the bank.

Thank you again for all the replies, have any of you heard of the 2005's having any consistent major problems?