Anyone Know Where To Get A Cheap Shift Knob

I did something stupid and broke off the wood veneer on the gear shifter knob of my 98 LS400 (See pic attached). Everything on parts sites is $110+. Seems like someone may have access to one in good shape for much less??

post-21140-1256757743_thumb.jpg

I did something stupid and broke off the wood veneer on the gear shifter knob of my 98 LS400 (See pic attached). Everything on parts sites is $110+. Seems like someone may have access to one in good shape for much less??

I have one off my 97, I put one of the $100 ones on mine, this is brown leather, no tears, $25 mailed to you in the USA 48.

post-5365-1256759516_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1256759524_thumb.jpg

Go to a dealership with a similar 98 LS and "test drive" it... swap out the knobs.... LOL :lol:

Or better yet... maybe just buy from BillyD ;)

HAHAHA :D If only it were that easy. It is farly complecated to swap the knobs. You have the O/D switch and wires to mess with too. It took me 5 minutes to swap shift knobs in an 85 Chevy S10 I looked at the one in my LS and said NO WAY.

Go to a dealership with a similar 98 LS and "test drive" it... swap out the knobs.... LOL :lol:

HAHAHA :D If only it were that easy. It is farly complecated to swap the knobs. You have the O/D switch and wires to mess with too. It took me 5 minutes to swap shift knobs in an 85 Chevy S10 I looked at the one in my LS and said NO WAY.

your confused KF, there is no OD switch on the later models, you just unscrew it.... thats all.

your confused KF, there is no OD switch on the later models, you just unscrew it.... thats all.

Thanks for that, I was not really thinking it would be more than unscrew so glad to know that is the case.

I have one off my 97, I put one of the $100 ones on mine, this is brown leather, no tears, $25 mailed to you in the USA 48.

Thanks for that kind offer Billy. I think I will look a bit more to try and stay "original" but if that doesn't work I will come back.

Thanks for that kind offer Billy. I think I will look a bit more to try and stay "original" but if that doesn't work I will come back.

I understand, I'll be here.

My OWP is a Coach Edition and this was standard (like yours) on it.

My DWP is standard, and had the leather knob, I changed it to this (photos)

good luck..

post-5365-1256997040_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1256997047_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

I understand, I'll be here. My OWP is a Coach Edition and this was standard (like yours) on it.My DWP is standard, and had the leather knob, I changed it to this (photos)good luck..

Hey Baja,

Where did you get that wood grain gear shifter? I will like to purchase one for my 1998 LS400