Ls400 - 1990 Arlarming Situation

Paul Kassey

Hi all

i have seen this post before but have not seen the fix. I know that the cable assembly that connects to door key mechanism is probably bad. I looked at it and it is still connected. I know sometimes they come off. So i supect that the cable harness is bad. I can not find out where online to get another one. None of the places that sell Lexus parts has this listed

Can anyone tell me where is can get the replacement cable for this?

Thanks for all your help

PS.. just noticed Alarm is spelled wrong in title... don't know how to change title....

i am sure i will take a beating for this... :-)

take care

Hi,

There is a switch on the end of the lock barrel which has been known to give trouble with its contacts, sometimes a spray with the "switch cleaner" ( we call it "Servisol" in the UK) will do the trick but you will have to remove the door trim to get to it ( tutorial on removal on www.lexls.com)

Hi,

There is a switch on the end of the lock barrel which has been known to give trouble with its contacts, sometimes a spray with the "switch cleaner" ( we call it "Servisol" in the UK) will do the trick but you will have to remove the door trim to get to it ( tutorial on removal on www.lexls.com)

Thank you for the info... where do they have the tutorials?

also do you know if that switch has a part number?? or where i could get it?

Steve ... This is awesome.... your the best..

thank you for all your help

can i throw another question at you... ??

today i just found out another problem... i just had the rack and pinion changed cuz it was leaking fluid. When i picked up the car it stalled while idling. first time that has happened since i bought the car 6 weeks ago. Previous owner just told me he changed the timing belt within the last 2 months before i bought it. It since has stalled a number of times. My mechanics thinks that it might have jumped a tooth and the timing for the cams is off. Do you think this is the problem or could it be something else. ?

if you think i should put this in a new post i will. i love this car... but i don't want to keep putting money into it..

thanks again for all your help.

P

Hi, No problem I've had my LS for nearly 4 years now and this site along with lexls has helped me save some serious money on maintainance including repairing the starter motor, the only job I let my local indie do was the cam belt but even there I bought all the parts from your side of the Pond as they were half the price we have here in the UK

One of the major causes of stalling on the LS is a dirty/contaminated throttle body.

Below is the tutorial

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/EFI/throttlebody.html

Also check all the vacuum pipes to the inlet manifold/plenem chamber as if you have an air leak here it can cause running problems,I doubt the timing is out as it would I think have thrown up an engine management code.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks again.. your right.. this forum is great to get information.

i have since figured out that it only stalls when the engine is heating up. When i first turn on the car it idles above 1000 RPMs ..as the engine start to warn up it drops down under 1000.... that when it starts to stall... once she warms up all the way she is fine... so i guess a hose is off ... or clogged.

thanks for the tutorial.. i will check that out and see if that is also causing a problem...

thanks for all you help...

Paul