Rear Axle Carier Bushings Replacement (camber)

Hello,

I was doing a tire rotation on my 2002 GS300 (160K miles) and noticed that rear wheels have vertical play in them (grabbing the wheel on top and bottom and shaking it). After conducting further investigation I discovered that the play is generated by rear axle carrier bushings (on both wheels) responsible for camber adjustment (please see picture). I have looked all over the net but couldn’t find a replacement kit for these bushings the only once that I could find were for rear axle carrier trailing arm I believe. This camber adjustment bushing is not like the other once from what I can tell it has a more complex design from what it looks like involving dual shafts which are located one inside another. Anyway I was wondering if anyone can advice me on what to do as far as changing these and eliminating vertical play in my rear wheels (buying an axle carrier is my last option). THNAKS!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43959578@N02/4042831481

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I was doing a tire rotation on my 2002 GS300 (160K miles) and noticed that rear wheels have vertical play in them (grabbing the wheel on top and bottom and shaking it). After conducting further investigation I discovered that the play is generated by rear axle carrier bushings (on both wheels) responsible for camber adjustment (please see picture). I have looked all over the net but couldn’t find a replacement kit for these bushings the only once that I could find were for rear axle carrier trailing arm I believe. This camber adjustment bushing is not like the other once from what I can tell it has a more complex design from what it looks like involving dual shafts which are located one inside another. Anyway I was wondering if anyone can advice me on what to do as far as changing these and eliminating vertical play in my rear wheels (buying an axle carrier is my last option). THNAKS!

Try this site....

http://www.rhdjapan.com/jdm-low/TRD-Rear-A...sto-JZS16-17922

Good luck.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reply Pete, I went to this site and tried to find 2002 GS300 but couldn't. I've contacted the support for this site and they have adviced me to search the site myself. Navigating throug the site and using vehicles VIN number I couldn't locate the part I needed, contacting site support lead to similar results (they adviced) me to look for part myslef. Here is my question to you: The link that you have provided leads to a carrier bushing set but it doesn't say anywheare if this set will fit my 02 GS300, how (and if) do you know that this is the correct set for my car. Please advice..

Thanks for reply Pete, I went to this site and tried to find 2002 GS300 but couldn't. I've contacted the support for this site and they have adviced me to search the site myself. Navigating throug the site and using vehicles VIN number I couldn't locate the part I needed, contacting site support lead to similar results (they adviced) me to look for part myslef. Here is my question to you: The link that you have provided leads to a carrier bushing set but it doesn't say anywheare if this set will fit my 02 GS300, how (and if) do you know that this is the correct set for my car. Please advice..

The ones he linked to were for an Aristo, which is the Japanese version of the GS as up untill 2005, Japan didn't have the Lexus brand.

Those are what you are after.

• 2 months later...
Hello,

Hello, If you're still looking, I found a solution. I, like you, have searched for months for a solution. Every other rubber bushing on the GS300 is offered by the aftermarket, but not this one. The reason being this is not a rubber bushing. It's what's called a pillow bushing( or rose joint in England), similar to a small ball joint. There are a few racing websites that offer replacements but they're very expensive. I found this on the British Ebay site;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=190375903825

I called him this morning and he's very knowledgable about these bushings. His is nylon and outlasts the original by far. I'm going to order some today.

• 1 year later...
Hello,

Hello, If you're still looking, I found a solution. I, like you, have searched for months for a solution. Every other rubber bushing on the GS300 is offered by the aftermarket, but not this one. The reason being this is not a rubber bushing. It's what's called a pillow bushing( or rose joint in England), similar to a small ball joint. There are a few racing websites that offer replacements but they're very expensive. I found this on the British Ebay site;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=190375903825

I called him this morning and he's very knowledgable about these bushings. His is nylon and outlasts the original by far. I'm going to order some today.

does anyone have any info on the ebay seller or buy from this ebay seller? i am in need of a set of these bushings but have up blank so far.

or if anyone knows where to get these bushing that would be great