Tires For 2007 Es350

joeotoo

REPLACEMENT TIRES FOR 2007 ES350: My Wife's car:

The car is driven primarily by an older woman, Real Estate Broker about 14,000 miles yearly in Louisiana (no snow) Existing tire wear is almost down to 3/32 tread at 30,000 miles and I am now seeing some wet traction problems.

I am looking for your recommendations.

I have researched Tire Rack reviews and owner comments etc. and based upon those items I am considering replacing the OEM Michelin MXV4 215/55R17 V Rated with a tire manufactured by Kumoho.

I know nothing about Kumoho, however I see they are sold by Sears and the Military Exchange System (AAFES) among others and Tire Rack thinks highly of them.

I would probably select the Kumoho Ecsta LX Platinum Series 215/55R17 – W Rated (The high speed rating is not for excessive speed but for sidewall stiffness and a lower tire sideway roll when cornering)

Does anyone out there has any experience with Kumoho tires especially with this model of their tire, (Kumoho Ecsta LX Platinum). Installed on a Lexus ES350 or any other model Lexus?

If so I will appreciate your input and comments both pro and con.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I purchased four Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum Series 245/40R18 – W Rated for my GS back in June. I absolutely love them and highly recommend them. I am in GA. They are quiet, and perform well on dry and wet roads. Honestly, I think they're a great value and performer for these vehicles. No cons to report after about 5 months and 5,000 miles.

I purchased four Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum Series 245/40R18 – W Rated for my GS back in June. I absolutely love them and highly recommend them. I am in GA. They are quiet, and perform well on dry and wet roads. Honestly, I think they're a great value and performer for these vehicles. No cons to report after about 5 months and 5,000 miles.

Thank you, your comments seem to validate my research!

Joe

I wouldn't put the Kumho tires on the car personally. A W rated performance tire might be nice on a GS with 18" rims, but its way overkill for the ES.

I have the newer Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires on the vehicle...and they're the only tires I'd shod it with. I've had other Michelins, Bridgestones, Toyos, the Primacy is what you want. Not the MXV4 S8 that comes on the car, the Primacy MXV4.

The Michelin Primacy is less than a V rated tire, so some installers will not install it for you. The one that would be is the Michelin Energy which would cost a bit more. The other OEM tire is the Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 which you can get for about $136 on TireRack but you can find it for about $8 less from other internet tire guys. I just got them through tire rack because with the shipping cost difference it was a wash and TireRack is a sponsor of this site. I immediately felt the improvement in handling around the curvy roads around my house even though it was the same tire that I replaced with. So, that's what I would go with, either the Energy or the Turanza.

I just picked up a '10 last week and went with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity's.

Highly rated on Tire Rack and tops in ride comfort and quietness.A nice upgrade form OEM Turanza EL 400 crap with it's low,low rating is every catagory.

Just order them online at TireRack and have one of their installers install them.

I've never had the Serenitys but I did have the Turanza LS-V which the Serenity replaced and was happy with them. They weren't as smooth or quiet as the Primacy's though.

Just order them online at TireRack and have one of their installers install them.

I've never had the Serenitys but I did have the Turanza LS-V which the Serenity replaced and was happy with them. They weren't as smooth or quiet as the Primacy's though.

I think they're great.I hope you feel the same. :)