Gs Pulling To The Right - Am I Being Taken For A Ride?

Bought new tires at 30K miles for my 08 GS350 - Michelin Pilot Sports. OEM size.

Car now pulls hard to the right. Car was in for service and I went ahead and had them align it. Still pulled to the right so I went back. They agreed, and at the end of the day said I had a bad tire. They determined this by switching the left front with the right and the car tracked straight. The tire dealer gave me a new tire. Put the tires on the rights sides and the car again pulled to the right. Went back to the dealer and he put new oem tires from another GS on my car and it tracked straight. They are blaming the "aggressive" tread pattern on the new tires. Got back from a long road trip this weekend and I took it back to the dealer. They switched both fronts and backs across the car and it now pulls to the left. The dealer is done with this and says I have to live with it or get new tires. I only have 5K miles on the new, $1100 tires.

What do you think?

Hi and greetings from the UK.

I think your problem is with the wheels and not the Michelin tyres (British spelling). Lexus wheels are susceptable to warp causing veer or vibration which cannot be balanced out.

The problem started when you had the tyres changed out but I'll bet they never returned the wheels to the original hubs.

If it were me I would try to get the offending wheel(s) to the back of the car and the good ones on the front.

Good luck!

take it to an independent but reputable tire shop and have it redone. Have them print out the alignment specs pre and post alignment. Have them do a 4 wheel alignment. Explain the whole situation to them. I sounds like the dealer is frustrated because they cannot figure it out. If the outside alignment works make the dealership reimburse you or give you a service credit for the same amount.

I had a similar situation when my Michelin Pilot Sports were put on but the dealership. Brought the car to my tire shop and the pull was gone. I took the pre/post alignment spec printout to the dealership and showed them proof that there alignment is not in alignment. Case closed, $90 service credit obtained as well as a free total car detailing. I just don't like using dealerships for tire and alignment issues. Never had luck with them.

I go where they know what they are doing everytime.

steviej

I have a GS300 06 and about two months ago I replaced the original Yokohama's with the Michelin Pilot Sports. The car inmediatly started pulling to the right. I took it back to my local Martino Good Year shop and the guys said the aligment in the front and rear was within spec but they did minor adjustments. I tested the car and it was still pulling to the right. I took the car back again but this time had a short ride with the mechanic and he finally told me that pulling to the right was expected because the middle of the street was higher than the right edge to avoid water from the rain, can you believe that ?...he showed me the aligment report and also suggested that I might have a bad tire. Tire rotation did not make any difference. At this point the car is still pulling to the right.

You guys need the Hunter alignment system with the straight-trak option. Google "hunter alignment". You're looing for a website that is something like gsp9700.com. I can't recall exactly, but you'll know it when you see it. You can search within your area for a shop that has the system "most dealers do, but not all have the straight-trak option. When I replaced the oem 17 tires on my old Mazda 3 gt with more aggresive tires, it would pull as well. Straight-trak fixed it. Sorry for typos, on my blackberry in Arizona at the moment

You guys need the Hunter alignment system with the straight-trak option. Google "hunter alignment". You're looing for a website that is something like gsp9700.com. I can't recall exactly, but you'll know it when you see it. You can search within your area for a shop that has the system "most dealers do, but not all have the straight-trak option. When I replaced the oem 17 tires on my old Mazda 3 gt with more aggresive tires, it would pull as well. Straight-trak fixed it. Sorry for typos, on my blackberry in Arizona at the moment

Whenever I have my tires balance, the shop always uses the Hunter Road Force system.

steviej

• 4 years later...

Sorry to take so long but I had the pulling to right problem when I had Michelin Sports put on by Lexus, alignment too. Mines a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport with dynamic steering ( Rear wheels turn up to 2 deg. ) anyway they tried everything, I insisted they get the OEM tires Bridgestone Potenza 050A's mine has 235-40-19 front 265-35-19 rear. they got a set, car is back like NEW no pulling at all. I sold tires in past life, couldn't believe it was the Michelins, IT WAS !