Pentius Air Filter

I was looking for under hood engine air filters for my 2007 LS460 and came across the Pentius at Kragen for $10.99. The only other ones that I have seen are the KNN 'lifetime' filters for nearly $50. Anybody have any experience with Pentius products?

MM

• 2 months later...
I was looking for under hood engine air filters for my 2007 LS460 and came across the Pentius at Kragen for $10.99. The only other ones that I have seen are the KNN 'lifetime' filters for nearly $50. Anybody have any experience with Pentius products?

MM

A couple of days ago I bought a pentius air filter for my 1980 Mazda RX7. It was the only one I could find that fit the vehicle. I was surprised how inexpensive it was, $5.29, and I can't remember the last time I paid so little for an engine filter. The quality seems half way reasonable and visually I could not tell much difference between it and the Fram filter I was replacing.

When I changed the dual air filters in my LS 460 I used Lexus(Toyota) filters. The cost for 2 filter was $57.22 plus $4.72 tax at my Lexus dealear. The quality of the Toyota filters seems so much better than the Pentius. Since the replacement interval is 30K, I would not use the Pentius. My RX7 is garaged and I only drive it 50-100 miles a year just to keep the fluids moving, so I don't worry much about the quality of the air filter.