2004 Ls430 Nav Calendar Is Wrong!

cgazsc

I live in the Pacific(Calif) timezone and when it's past 4pm, my calendar on the Nav display tells me it's the next day! I'm told that this is a Lexus issue in that the calendar uses GMT time even though the clock adjusts for Pacific time. Anyone else notice this?

That's interesting. Is the GPS clock different than the clock above the console? My clock displays the correct time and if I go into "Set Clock", it is set for the correct timezone. So if the calendar is getting it's timeset using the GPS system(which is probably GMT), then it's not adjusting for local time. This may not be an easy fix for Lexus. I'll let you know, but I am somewhat amazed that no one else has noticed this. Maybe that's why Lexus is being very slow. Like the ES300 tranny hesitation...

You can manually override the time so it appears the right time on the clock console but I do not think we can overide the date. I have ask my selling dealer and they have not even noticed this. They will check on it when I bring it in for my one month service.

Every time I set it to automatic it goes right back to the set time on the GPS system. I have read the NAV manual but does not even touch on this topic.

Keep us informed Lexuskrzy. The 2003 doesn't have this problem. Maybe a batch of Navs snuck in from the UK! By the way, how do you see the GPS clock? And what exactly do you mean by "...set it to automatic..."?

• 16 years later...

I have a A 2004 GX and I cannot adjust the year 2020 on my calendar I can scroll into 2020 but as soon as I turn the car off and restart it it goes back to your 2000 the same way as it was before, same as the month the date . does anybody know how to adjust it