Adjusting Telescopic Steering Wheel

Freds430

I have a 2002 SC430 and have very long legs. When I pull the key out of the ignition the steering wheel goes forward and down. I checked the manuel and it stated there is a way to override this function but need to contact the dealer. I called them and they said it can be changed so it does not go down but it is in the personal settings. Has anyone every adjusted this feature and if so greatly appreciate how to do this. Rather avoid the dealer.

Thanks!!

Attached is a link of this personal setting and some others. I also own an Acura RL and have similar settings that I can adjust myself. Lexus must think that we are not capable of adjusting these ourselves like the navagation system while the car is moving.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/SC430_LPS.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a 2002 SC430 and have very long legs. When I pull the key out of the ignition the steering wheel goes forward and down. I checked the manuel and it stated there is a way to override this function but need to contact the dealer. I called them and they said it can be changed so it does not go down but it is in the personal settings. Has anyone every adjusted this feature and if so greatly appreciate how to do this. Rather avoid the dealer.

Thanks!!

Attached is a link of this personal setting and some others. I also own an Acura RL and have similar settings that I can adjust myself. Lexus must think that we are not capable of adjusting these ourselves like the navagation system while the car is moving.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/SC430_LPS.pdf

arg I just bought a 2003 and was hoping someone had an answer. Most cars have a trick to it where if you hold a button or two while turning the key you can get into menus that do this type of thing. I'd love to turn mine off as well so it just stays in the position i put it in <_<