New Toyota Pink Radiator Fluid?

m2pc

I have heard rumors to the effect that Toyota/Lexus has come out with an "ultra-long life coolant" that is supposed to last 100,000 miles. I heard this from a moderator on CL who I think was/is a Lexus Technician. I can post a link to the thread if you wish, or you can search on long life coolant there.

I wonder if the pink stuff is this new longer lasting formulation.

I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile "Long Life Coolant", then why are they shooting for a longer life coolant. Time will only tell on this one.

Lastly I must wonder if the pink is compatible with the red which we know is NOT compatible with the green and.............nevermind, you get the point. :blink:

steviej

Thanks StevieJ,

I don't mind paying a little extra for the long life, but my big concern is whethere they are compatible ornot. It might not matter since I am going to try and get out as much as possible anyways (Finally got info on where all the drain plugs are located :). I'll pay a visit there, thanks for the info :P

• 7 months later...

I'll be using the pink fluid next time I change the coolant in my ES. I have the red 'regular' long life coolant in there now as the pink 'super long life' stuff was not available yet in the parts department on either Toyota or Lexus dealers in Canada near the beginning of this year. B)

:cheers:

• 3 months later...
I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile "Long Life Coolant", then why are they shooting for a longer life coolant."

That's like saying "I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile platinum spark plug, then why are they shooting for a longer life spark plug (iridium)?"

or

"I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile timing belt, then why are they shooting for a longer life 90K belt?"

or

"I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile Type T-IV transmission fluid, then why are they shooting for a longer life fluid (the World Standard fluid used in the 2004 on up LS430)?

I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile "Long Life Coolant", then why are they shooting for a longer life coolant."

That's like saying "I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile platinum spark plug, then why are they shooting for a longer life spark plug (iridium)?"

or

"I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile timing belt, then why are they shooting for a longer life 90K belt?"

or

"I have to wonder if Toyota/Lexus doesn't trust their 60k mile Type T-IV transmission fluid, then why are they shooting for a longer life fluid (the World Standard fluid used in the 2004 on up LS430)?

What are you saying?

or

or

actually monarch/saber.......I was quoting the service manager of my Lexus dealership from when I had my 30k mile service done.

And if you look at the post, that was almost a year ago.

In all actuallity, it is not the fluid itself that he didn't trust, it was the time/mileage interval of 60 months/5 years. If you would like his phone number I could give it to you so you could take it up with him.

so is the long life coolant going to be the bee in your bonet this year just as Toyota genuine oil and filters were the for the past two?

steviej

so is the long life coolant going to be the bee in your bonet this year just as Toyota genuine oil and filters were the for the past two?

steviej

The Toyota Red has done a perfect job of keeping the cooling system of my '89 Corolla (built in 1988) immaculately clean and free of corrosion and mineral deposits for 16 years / 239,000 miles so I will be in no rush to switch to another product. The Toyota Red has also kept the factory original water pump alive and working well for all those years.

or

or

actually monarch/saber.......I was quoting the service manager of my Lexus dealership from when I had my 30k mile service done.

And if you look at the post, that was almost a year ago.

In all actuallity, it is not the fluid itself that he didn't trust, it was the time/mileage interval of 60 months/5 years. If you would like his phone number I could give it to you so you could take it up with him.

steviej

Lol steviej! :lol::ph34r: ;) :whistles:

When I need to do my next engine coolant flush, I will double check with a few Lexus dealers (and Lexus Canada head office as well) to confirm or not if the 'pink' super long life coolant is OK for my ES (and current generation that used the red 'long life' stuff). B)

The Toyota Red has done a perfect job of keeping the cooling system of my '89 Corolla (built in 1988) immaculately clean and free of corrosion and mineral deposits for 16 years / 239,000 miles so I will be in no rush to switch to another product. The Toyota Red has also kept the factory original water pump alive and working well for all those years.

nobody is arguing that the pink or red coolant isn't good stuff.

A year ago, I simply pointed out at the advice of my Lexus dealership that 60k miles may be stretching its workability, that was all.

I will continue to use the pink stuff and change it at 30k miles, because like your experience works for you, my experience works for me.

sj

I believe the pink coolant is been installed in new Toyota vehicles. One way of Toyota/Lexus reducing the running costs of their vehicles and helping the environment.

I guess you should be able to use it in older vehicles that used the red LLC but worth checking with your dealer.

I believe the pink coolant is been installed in new Toyota vehicles. One way of Toyota/Lexus reducing the running costs of their vehicles and helping the environment.

I guess you should be able to use it in older vehicles that used the red LLC but worth checking with your dealer.

Agreed Colin.......I'm courious too if it's ok to use the new 'pink' coolant instead of the red.....just haven't had a proper chance to call the dealer. Anybody else know if it's ok to use? :unsure: B)