Engine Oil Leak?

funyunz

i noticed oil on my driveway, i took it to the mechanic and he said there were no leaks. but today, once i got home i saw this leak, it only happens while i drive and a little bit after i stop but it doesn't leak overnight. oh the car is a 1999 lexus rx300.

appreciated if anyone could help.

post-103238-1255817674_thumb.jpg

post-103238-1255817707_thumb.jpg

i noticed oil on my driveway, i took it to the mechanic and he said there were no leaks. but today, once i got home i saw this leak, it only happens while i drive and a little bit after i stop but it doesn't leak overnight. oh the car is a 1999 lexus rx300.

appreciated if anyone could help.

Oil doesn't seem that 'new', so unless you know you changed the oil recently and some spilled, I would check the engine seal (between engine and transmission). Mine 'went' (1999RX300) at 65K miles, last year. -- I couldn't see where under the engine you took the photo, so cannot see where the oil seems to come from. Good luck!

thanks for the info guys. i asked on another website and got an answer so i'd share it with you guys to see if it'll help someone else out. oh, i just changed oil but the problem existed before oil change. i thought that was it too but it wasn't.

according to the person from the other website, i have a rear engine seal leak on the engine side not the transmission, it's a small leak (seep), so he/she recommended for me to use, auto rx or lubro motor oil saver.

i'm going to try it tomorrow and report back if it works.

thanks for the info guys. i asked on another website and got an answer so i'd share it with you guys to see if it'll help someone else out. oh, i just changed oil but the problem existed before oil change. i thought that was it too but it wasn't.

according to the person from the other website, i have a rear engine seal leak on the engine side not the transmission, it's a small leak (seep), so he/she recommended for me to use, auto rx or lubro motor oil saver.

i'm going to try it tomorrow and report back if it works.

I saw your post on the other forum and the answer was spot on. I have done the rear seal on my DIL's RX and can almost GUARANTEE that's where it's coming from. The crankcase gets very hot on these engines when used in the RX and it simply "cooks" the seal. The suggestions were good ones and I would probably use the Auto-RX myself. It truly works and will really clean up the rest of the inside of the engine in the process of revitalizing the seal. A little pricey but few things do all they claim to do, but it does.