Replacement Brake Pads For 97 Es300

odessit

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I will need to change the pads on the car soon. In preparation for this affair...

It sounds like ceramic brake pads are OEM. I am not sure what are the current ones (just bought the car). The car is driven primarily by my wife and she is "enthusiast"-style driver (as myself). The work will be done (most likely) at the Toyota dealership.

I would appreciate the feedback on your experiences with different types/manufacturers.

Should I buy the pads myself and bring them to the dealet or should I just use whatever they have?

Thanks,

Alex

I replaced them with Akebone ProAct ceramic pads. Supposedly they are a OEM manufacturer. They have the same feel as the originals, little dust and no squeels after the change. Definately get ceramics if anything, my brother in law got some mettallics and his occasionally squeels (and I can't imagine what its doing to his rotors).

I would think they are pretty good. Will give more braking power than a ceramic and cause less wear on the rotors than a full metallic. I was also thinking of bleeding the brake fluid with ATE superblue. Is bleeding the car with an ABS system any different? Manual doesn't seem to indicate its any different.

Is bleeding the car with an ABS system any different? Manual doesn't seem to indicate its any different.

no, bleeding procedure is same for both.

Just be real careful of the ABS sensors and wires that are connected to the brakes. Sometimes they can get in the way and accidentally get damaged.

sj