Winter Storage

There are plenty of reputable resources on the web with instructions.

Bottom line,

1. Change oil and filter just before storage

2. Add stabil to the gas tank and run the engine for a few minutes to the the conditioned gas throughout the fuel lines/system. You have to use a fuel stabilizer that is compatible with the ethanol gasolines. There are two that I recommend. Stabil (blue) or Sea Foam.

3. Put a trickle charger on the battery or use a battery tender at least every 2 weeks.

4. Get the tires off the ground. Use jack stands or you can get these specialized mats that you park on that will prevent flat spots on your tires.

5. I do it on my motorcyle when she is put to bed, it may be hard to do on a car, but fogging the top of the cylinders is very helpful and prevents bare metal friction upon start up.

6. Wash and wax the car with a good wax. Then cover it with a decent cover. If stored inside, use a soft flannel car cover. If outside, get a durable cover that won't scratch the paint but will stand up to the elements.

steviej

There are plenty of reputable resources on the web with instructions.

Bottom line,

1. Change oil and filter just before storage

2. Add stabil to the gas tank and run the engine for a few minutes to the the conditioned gas throughout the fuel lines/system. You have to use a fuel stabilizer that is compatible with the ethanol gasolines. There are two that I recommend. Stabil (blue) or Sea Foam.

3. Put a trickle charger on the battery or use a battery tender at least every 2 weeks.

4. Get the tires off the ground. Use jack stands or you can get these specialized mats that you park on that will prevent flat spots on your tires.

5. I do it on my motorcyle when she is put to bed, it may be hard to do on a car, but fogging the top of the cylinders is very helpful and prevents bare metal friction upon start up.

6. Wash and wax the car with a good wax. Then cover it with a decent cover. If stored inside, use a soft flannel car cover. If outside, get a durable cover that won't scratch the paint but will stand up to the elements.

steviej

Thanks. I'll do all of the above.

Stan