90k Service Complete--now At 105k

amcdonal86

I think I'm about to do a tuneup on my LS400 (at least I think I'm due for a 15k service). The 90 service was completed previously.

What needs to be done now? I would appreciate a complete list (not just "brakes" or "transmission"--what are all the parts and procedures?).

So far I'm thinking:

--replace accessory belts

--drain and fill coolant

--drain and refill transmission fluid (does the filter need to be changed yet?)

--engine oil change

--change power steering fluid (clean PS solenoid filter)

Is there anything else I've forgotten?

I think I'm about to do a tuneup on my LS400 (at least I think I'm due for a 15k service). The 90 service was completed previously.

What needs to be done now? I would appreciate a complete list (not just "brakes" or "transmission"--what are all the parts and procedures?).

So far I'm thinking:

--replace accessory belts

--drain and fill coolant

--engine oil change

--change power steering fluid (clean PS solenoid filter)

Is there anything else I've forgotten?

What does your owners manual recommend for scheduled maintenance? If it doesn't address it as most owners manuals do then swing by the dealership and I'll bet the service manager or scheduler would be happy to print the applicable check sheet out for you.

Brett

I don't think my owners manual has anything about scheduled maintenance. That was in a separate booklet that is no longer available on Lexus's website. Unfortunately all of the service writers at the Lexus dealerships around here are complete scumbags. I suppose I could ask though.

I just thought maybe it was common knowledge for LS owners. If somebody could scan the page of the maintenance booklet that says what needs to be done at the 105k mile interval, I would appreciate it. I am a little surprised that there is no sticky.

The maintenance booklet for my 00 LS says that the 105,000 maintenance is just an engine oil and filter change, a tire rotation, an A/C filter change, a road test, and checking the belts and all the other fluids.

It's good to check the brake pads at each tire rotation. Rear pads could be getting close to being worn out by 105,000 miles. The original rear pads on my 00 LS look like they are going to make it to the 120K service.

My A/C filter doesn't need replacing every 15,000 miles like the book says. I remove it every few months and knock the debris out of it and replace it every 30,000 miles.

The maintenance booklet for my 00 LS says that the 105,000 maintenance is just an engine oil and filter change, a tire rotation, an A/C filter change, a road test, and checking the belts and all the other fluids.

It's good to check the brake pads at each tire rotation. Rear pads could be getting close to being worn out by 105,000 miles. The original rear pads on my 00 LS look like they are going to make it to the 120K service.

My A/C filter doesn't need replacing every 15,000 miles like the book says. I remove it every few months and knock the debris out of it and replace it every 30,000 miles.

Thanks, so I guess I'm pretty much set until 120k miles. I'll probably post another thread in 1 year. :P

things to keep an eye on: transmission fluid 25-40,000 brake fluid every 2 years, coolant 50,000 miles or 5 years,brake check every 10,000 miles or so,filters replaced as needed

I drain and refill the pan every 3-4 months. You'll get about 2 qts out when you drain the pan (I think it holds something like 10 qts total). Unless you have a transmission problem, I wouldn't change the filter. I changed the filter on my former LS at 250k+ miles, and the filter was spotless, as was the one in my '99 when I did a transmission repair at 180k miles. I just ordered 12 quarts of T-IV from Park Place for $59 shipped.
I don't think my owners manual has anything about scheduled maintenance. That was in a separate booklet that is no longer available on Lexus's website. Unfortunately all of the service writers at the Lexus dealerships around here are complete scumbags. I suppose I could ask though.
In the owners manual I have from my '95, the maintenance charts are on pages 184-187. If your manual doesn't have it, I can post the pages. Assuming you fall under the light service category, the 52,500 mile service is just an oil change, check the body for corrosion, check the a/c filter, and a road test.

I drain and refill the pan every 3-4 months. You'll get about 2 qts out when you drain the pan (I think it holds something like 10 qts total). Unless you have a transmission problem, I wouldn't change the filter. I changed the filter on my former LS at 250k+ miles, and the filter was spotless, as was the one in my '99 when I did a transmission repair at 180k miles. I just ordered 12 quarts of T-IV from Park Place for $59 shipped.

Whoa... you're driving a Lexus, not a Chrysler! Every 3-4 months sounds insane! :P :D

In the owners manual I have from my '95, the maintenance charts are on pages 184-187. If your manual doesn't have it, I can post the pages. Assuming you fall under the light service category, the 52,500 mile service is just an oil change, check the body for corrosion, check the a/c filter, and a road test.

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look, but I'm fairly certain I've looked for it many times before and it just referred me to the "maintenance booklet" that did not come with my car.