Starting Problems After Using Costco Gas

Has anyone experience starting problems (Chicago Area) (pushing the start button 2 to 3 times before it starts up) The dealer asked if i used CostCo gas, I did out one full tank in and thats when this problem started. The dealer said that Lexis put a hold on replacing the fuel injectors as of now. The service advisors said that the newer lexus models are having this problem but no service alert as of yet.

-J

Has anyone experience starting problems (Chicago Area) (pushing the start button 2 to 3 times before it starts up) The dealer asked if i used CostCo gas, I did out one full tank in and thats when this problem started. The dealer said that Lexis put a hold on replacing the fuel injectors as of now. The service advisors said that the newer lexus models are having this problem but no service alert as of yet.

-J

I've used Costco (Atlanta) gas in my 2007 LS460 for over 2 years with no problems. I'm sure that Costco qualifies all of its vendors and that they purchase gasoline only from reputable sources. Gasoline is a commodity that is highly regulated by the US Environmental Protection Agency. Here's the link: http://www.epa.gov/oms/fuels.htm

If your dealer lays the blame on "cheap" Costco gasoline, I think he is passing the buck.

• 2 months later...

-J

I have been using Costco GAs in VA since I bought my 08 LS460 2 yrs ago with no problem

DB

• 2 weeks later...

-J

I've used Costco (Atlanta) gas in my 2007 LS460 for over 2 years with no problems. I'm sure that Costco qualifies all of its vendors and that they purchase gasoline only from reputable sources. Gasoline is a commodity that is highly regulated by the US Environmental Protection Agency. Here's the link: http://www.epa.gov/oms/fuels.htm

If your dealer lays the blame on "cheap" Costco gasoline, I think he is passing the buck.

-J

Ditto here, but I am in LA. Agree with your commments on quality control. Costco seems to have more than most.

Hecht, they even have people to clean up spills at the pump. Their vehicles are always spotless, the equipment up to date, and all seems like a first class act to me. They sell the stuff so fast, that it is difficult to blame condensation in the tank or something of that nature. It is of course possible to get a bad load, but that ought to pass very quickly. Easy to tell. Fill up elswhere, then again at Costco and see if it makes any difference. Chicago will still have some cool morniings left over the next few weeks.

$70,000 car? I wouldn't put Costco gas in it. Thats just me.

Steve, should we be putting "Lexus gasoline" in our cars? ;)

Most of the gasoline that has powered our Lexus and Toyota cars since December 2001 has been from Costco -- never had a problem. Costco is an unusually well run and consistently profitable company -- one of the relatively small number of companies, besides the Toyota Motor Company, that my wife and have invested in directly and outside of mutual funds.

LOL, no. I've always been a fan of using brand name fuels though. Exxon, Shell, BP, etc. "Lowest Price" and Costco etc...just not comfortable with that.

I'm a fan of Costco, we shop there weekly and I've bought tires there, etc. Our Costco doesn't have a gas station but even if it did, I think I'd pass...

-J

Have used Costco gas in all three Lexus autos (RX300, RX330, LS460) for at least two years and have not experienced any problems.

• 4 weeks later...

-J

Have used Costco gas in all three Lexus autos (RX300, RX330, LS460) for at least two years and have not experienced any problems.

I use Costco gasoline for my LS400 & LS460 without any problem.