Popping/grinding Noise...need Help!

J.Wills

I have a 1997 SC 400 and recently have been hearing a popping or grinding noise coming from my right front wheel well when im driving or making right hand turns. It has been progressively worse over the last few weeks but only does it usally when im making a right turn and a few seconds after. I took it and the the mechanic could not find anything wrong. They did an alingment and advised the alingment was eating my front two tires but still did not fix the problem. A couple of people have advised it may be bad CV joints or Rack and Pinion but im not sure.

Anybody else have a similar problem?

What was the actually problem with the car?

How much to repair?

Car still runs great and doesnt affect me driving it just very annoying and sounds like my wheel is going to fall off or something....

Please help!

I have a 1997 SC 400 and recently have been hearing a popping or grinding noise coming from my right front wheel well when im driving or making right hand turns. It has been progressively worse over the last few weeks but only does it usally when im making a right turn and a few seconds after. I took it and the the mechanic could not find anything wrong. They did an alingment and advised the alingment was eating my front two tires but still did not fix the problem. A couple of people have advised it may be bad CV joints or Rack and Pinion but im not sure.

How much to repair?

Car still runs great and doesnt affect me driving it just very annoying and sounds like my wheel is going to fall off or something....

Please help!

wheel bearing??

How much to repair?

Please help!

Correct.

I would guess the wheel bearings need to be repacked.

It cannot be CV joints because the car is rear wheel drive only.