What Factory Was My Sc400 Made?

Flashjet

I have been trying to determine where my SC400 was made. I had read on the forum that the SC400s made in Japan have a governor to limit their speed to 119 mph and that those made in the USA do not have that governor. So other than running my SC400 over the 119 limit, is there a way to determine where the auto was manufactured? Does the VIN provide for that info?

Thanks for your help.

I have been trying to determine where my SC400 was made. I had read on the forum that the SC400s made in Japan have a governor to limit their speed to 119 mph and that those made in the USA do not have that governor. So other than running my SC400 over the 119 limit, is there a way to determine where the auto was manufactured? Does the VIN provide for that info?

Thanks for your help.

Speaking for the RX: the origin etc... is on a label on the driver's side door jamb. If the VIN starts with "J", the car was made in Japan.

Thanks for your help.

Speaking for the RX: the origin etc... is on a label on the driver's side door jamb. If the VIN starts with "J", the car was made in Japan.

If it starts with a "G" that means what?

Thanks for your help.

All SC300's and SC400's were made in Japan. Non were made in USA.

If your frame number starts with "0", it came off TMC's Motomachi assembly line. If frame number starts with "1", it came from Kantos Auto Works, Higashi Fuji Plant.

Thanks for your help.

I can attest the North American SC400 is not speed limited. I have had my 1992 SC400 topped out at 151mph GPS confirmed. :D

Thanks for your help.

Almost all Lexus are from Japan (VIN starts with J) 2004-2010 RX are made in both Canada (VIN starts with 2) and Japan.