Air Suspension - '04 Ultra Ls430

bobstoc

I have a 2004 LS430 - Ultra package with 35k miles. The car has the air suspension. There are no warning lights, but the car looks like the rear is "sagging" a bit in relation to the front. Like I said, no warning lights and the car seems to ride just fine.

Does anyone have experience with the air suspension and if so, is it typical for the car to look a little lower in ther rear? Thanks in advance.

Yes my LS 430 seems to sit a little lower on it's rear haunches than its front. As long as the top of the wheel is below the wheel arch you should be ok.

Also if the car seems to be higher after driving it around then you might have a leak. Typically the leaks start to manifest when the car hasn't been driven in a while; the car sinks (like and old Citroen) and then rises up when the compressor starts.

I have a 2004 LS430 - Ultra package with 35k miles. The car has the air suspension. There are no warning lights, but the car looks like the rear is "sagging" a bit in relation to the front. Like I said, no warning lights and the car seems to ride just fine.

Does anyone have experience with the air suspension and if so, is it typical for the car to look a little lower in ther rear? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, a weak link with the LS is the air suspension option, tarnishing an otherwise great car. Mine went out and I had the conventional coils/shocks put in - the replacement costs for the air suspension is huge. Mine failed pretty much all at once but I have heard some fail more slowly like yours.

- Mike