2010 Rx350 Pet Peeves

down2sea

If you read the manual, you will see that the space between the driver and passenger, that big spacious console space is used to store that 10lb. manual. Take out the box and it slides away tucked under everything.

Cool! Actually, the "factory" stored mine in the custom tailored "glove" box. I guess I could store it in the bottom of the big spacious console but would then have take out the sliding tray, box, and the 10 lb manual in order to utilize the aux port, USB input, and power points. Gosh, if I had read the manual I would have been able to find the center console space. Thanks for the tip!

Based on this, it does not say anything about the manual.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...l&locale=en

I have an issue and maybe its just me, I posted in the other thread about bluetooth, I dont have NAV and I dont understand why I cant have it not auto-play when it connects ? and another major issue is driving, I feel like I feel every single bump in the road, I had a 2004 RX330 and it drove like a luxury car this feels like a TRUCK, on the highway it seems to be smooth, but on a regular road and on speed bumps I can feel it going thru me...... Anyone else ? Is it just my RX ?

What psi are your tires at?

I have an issue and maybe its just me, I posted in the other thread about bluetooth, I dont have NAV and I dont understand why I cant have it not auto-play when it connects ? and another major issue is driving, I feel like I feel every single bump in the road, I had a 2004 RX330 and it drove like a luxury car this feels like a TRUCK, on the highway it seems to be smooth, but on a regular road and on speed bumps I can feel it going thru me...... Anyone else ? Is it just my RX ?

I was just able to check the front tire and its was 40 or 41 and the side said that it supposed to be 32 so it does seem to be over inflated. I will be checking all tires today and making all 32, that should make it better!!!

I was just able to check the front tire and its was 40 or 41 and the side said that it supposed to be 32 so it does seem to be over inflated. I will be checking all tires today and making all 32, that should make it better!!!

The manufacturer's suggested psi is 30 all-around (on my 09RX350AWD). It was the same on the old RX300 I had. I ran/run both at 32 psi, and am happy. The Michelins on the 09RX show max of 35 on the sidewall. I tried running them at 34 and they were too hard, the suspension 'crashed' a little. So, after a little experimentation - for me and I do not dispute others may differ - I found that the 'best' psi on the new RX was the same as for the old, i.e. 32. Let us know how it feels! Good luck!

The manufacturer's suggested psi is 30 all-around (on my 09RX350AWD). It was the same on the old RX300 I had. I ran/run both at 32 psi, and am happy. The Michelins on the 09RX show max of 35 on the sidewall. I tried running them at 34 and they were too hard, the suspension 'crashed' a little. So, after a little experimentation - for me and I do not dispute others may differ - I found that the 'best' psi on the new RX was the same as for the old, i.e. 32. Let us know how it feels! Good luck!

So I changed all the tires to 32-33 and the ride did get a bit better, but I think eather the suspension here just not as it was on the 2004 RX330 or the bridgestone tires are rough. Not too happy :(

So I changed all the tires to 32-33 and the ride did get a bit better, but I think eather the suspension here just not as it was on the 2004 RX330 or the bridgestone tires are rough. Not too happy :(

A comment on the tires. I was prepared to receive the Bridgestones based on posts suggesting Lexus went with these. As a matter of fact I made a comment of disappointment to my dealer--to my pleasant surprise, my RX came equipped with Michelins. I'm wondering if Lexus changed their approach to which tires to equip. I picked my vehicle up on Oct. 30th. Are others who have recently received delivery getting B's or M's? BTW, very happy with the ride of my RX--I find it better than my 05 RX....

A comment on the tires. I was prepared to receive the Bridgestones based on posts suggesting Lexus went with these. As a matter of fact I made a comment of disappointment to my dealer--to my pleasant surprise, my RX came equipped with Michelins. I'm wondering if Lexus changed their approach to which tires to equip. I picked my vehicle up on Oct. 30th. Are others who have recently received delivery getting B's or M's? BTW, very happy with the ride of my RX--I find it better than my 05 RX....

Double reply: 1. If the ride at 32-33psi is tool hard, try 30psi. After all, that is the manufacturer's recommendation!

2. The 09RX had 18" rims, and the car came with Michelins. I believe the 17" rims mostly came with Bridgestones and, maybe, Goodyears. [i had Goodyear Integrity on the 99RX and they are the worst tire I have ever driven. Replaced them with BF Goodrich Long Trail Tour (new design), and the BFG are great: comfortable, good in dry and snow, long wearing.... Maybe slightly less mpg than the Goodyears]. I like the Michelins.

Double reply: 1. If the ride at 32-33psi is tool hard, try 30psi. After all, that is the manufacturer's recommendation!

2. The 09RX had 18" rims, and the car came with Michelins. I believe the 17" rims mostly came with Bridgestones and, maybe, Goodyears. [i had Goodyear Integrity on the 99RX and they are the worst tire I have ever driven. Replaced them with BF Goodrich Long Trail Tour (new design), and the BFG are great: comfortable, good in dry and snow, long wearing.... Maybe slightly less mpg than the Goodyears]. I like the Michelins.

Well my thing on the door says 32psi. I had Goodyears on my 2004RX and I like them, I guess I`ll just get used to it, but to me it almost feels like a downgrade

Being a three month owner of the 2010 (bought it for my wife) the following are areas we find have room for improvement:

1. No integrated brake controller although we paid for a "towing package" upgrade. I've discussed this on another thread
  2. Flat 4 pin trailer towing electrical connector. No provision for standard 7 blade RV style connector. I've discussed this on another thread
  3. Location of 12V "Power Ports" and USB/AUX input in bottom of center console hidden under difficult to remove box and tray
  4. No external 12V Power Ports except the one in rear cargo area
  5. Box and tray in center console renders entire space practically useless
  6. Goofy void space in center console between driver and passenger legs- What the heck were "they" thinking?
  7. "Glove" box rendered almost useless due sectional interior design to hold 10 pound instruction manual - very little room left for anything else
  8. Where to store "extra" CDs or Jewel cases? See above
  9. Trip odometer very difficult to find intuitively
  10. No "ash" tray or other place to put gum, gum wrappers, etc

Mostly small issues I realize, but in my opinion each could be corrected or improved during next "re-design." Love the vehicle otherwise

If you put your owner's manual in the "goofy void space, you will have much more space in the glove box for the other things you want to store.

The power outlets in the center console allow cell phones, etc., to be powered while connected via Blue Tooth

The handy fold-out side panels provide plenty of space for gum, water, firearms, etc.

I find the 2010 cockpit design to be the best I have seen, and the mouse-like controller for electronic functions rocks!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree most with what the original post stated and would like to add the sorry performance of the mic ability to pickup your voice while using Bluetooth. The rest are trivial but the Bluetooth is surprising to me from Lexus. I love using it for safety reasons but don't like having to almost yell to be heard. Found this the same in my Toyotas and my wife's IS250. Maybe I should make a cone and put over the mic to increase performance. I love the car and the layout of the controls and especially the mouse controller, well done Lexus, now fix the mic.

If you read the manual, you will see that the space between the driver and passenger, that big spacious console space is used to store that 10lb. manual. Take out the box and it slides away tucked under everything.

Cool! Actually, the "factory" stored mine in the custom tailored "glove" box. I guess I could store it in the bottom of the big spacious console but would then have take out the sliding tray, box, and the 10 lb manual in order to utilize the aux port, USB input, and power points. Gosh, if I had read the manual I would have been able to find the center console space. Thanks for the tip!

I put mine in the back on top of the spare tire. Out of sight, but available if I need it - especially in an emergency. You can also go online and register with "My Lexus" and find a lot of the documentation there.

I find the unoperable nav while in motion a bad decision by Lexus.

And almost every other carmaker who offers nav.

This is the very attitude that I got from my dealer. This is my 4th and last lexus, not because of the car, I have purchased workarounds for most things lexus didn't do, but because of the dealer attitude, similar to what the forum manager said.....well everyone else does it this way; deal with it! This is not the persuit of perfection, it is persuit of the buck.

• 1 month later...
not everyone smokes crack?

well, it's just an opinion and you never know, it can change in the future.

Pigs might learn to fly too. My point was just because some manufacturers allow it doesn't mean that all manufacturers are willing to take the risk...or that its a good idea. Most manufacturers lock out nav functions when moving.

All kidding aside...its just not going to change. I've been around this company for a long time and I know how they do business. You will never see a Toyota nav system with unlocked controls when moving.

One day the voice recognition technology will be there...but until then you're going to have to suffer through it.

I don't understand - on my 2010 R350 the NAV is essentially blocked out, but you can use the voice command to enter a destination or display points of interest while you're driving. So really it's not a big deal to be locked out, you can still DELETE a destination while you're driving, you just have to use the voice command to enter one.