New To Fourm/ New Buy.

Silver Surfer!

Hello to all. I'm new to this forum and would like to say i'm glad i've found the motherland/the old coutry/the mountain top. This fourm has given me insight and some assurance with the purchace of a 05 Ls430 w/modern lux, Mercury metallic w/ash, 18" OEM 5-spokes, 73,760mi. I paid just 23,700 for it from Lexus of Rockville, MD. I can't say how happy i"m with this car. After driving four years in an 89 mercury grand marquis, my motoring experience has greatly improved. Even though i"m on cloud nine and my driving experience now rivals a one night stand :rolleyes:, the mercury still has one of the most comfortable rides i've been able to experience tho handling is for the birds. I'll be posting pics as soon as i take some good shots. Anyway, here's my first question: How bad can having two different tire types on the front affect ride/handling? I have one Hankook on the front pass side and the rest are Falkens. Not really satisfied with the noise level and steering seems to be bit akwards at times. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

One suggestion is to check the spare - if its a Falken then change the Hancock for the Falken. I would also go to Tirerack.com and compare the tire models you currently have on the car. If they are similar then consider having the same tires on the front and different in back. Just my 2 cents.

I would think you'd be better served to have all four tires of the same manufacturer. Once I got to the stage of the game where I could actually afford to buy a set of four I've always done just that. I shudder to think that I used to paw through the discard pile behind the tire shop back in the early 60's to try and find four usable tires and couldn't care less about the manufacturer. Heck I used to run 14's on the front and 15's on the rear! Tried the recaps for awhile, but they were a poor substitute for a new tire. I recall one summer day I purchased four new recaps in Las Cruces, New Mexico at Big "O" Tire. It was in excess of 100 degrees ambient and by the time I made it back to White Sands Missle Range I had already lost two of the caps. Now that's quality control. I never bought recaps again. Back to your question though I would endeavor to always stay with four of the same style and manufacturer on the ground. With proper rotation (including the spare) and inflation you should wind up buying a set of five at the same time. Your ride might suffer slightly with the 18's you're running, but you probably won't actually feel the difference. With the oversize wheel you will have less cushion effect and a slightly harsher ride. Welcome to the forum! I'm still fairly new to it myself, but there is quite a lot of knowledge to be gained. Like body orifices we all tend to offer our own exspurt (sic) opinions, you just have to wade through them and select what best fits you!

Def try to keep matching tires per axle.

Welcome to the forum! And congrats on your purchase! :cheers:

Take your shoes off.. and stay a while B)

Hey there jcrome04!

Looks like you've jumped ship? Looks like you've picked up a pretty nice ride, are you going to continue to haunt the Lexus halls? Still trying to sell out and move down to Whidbey. Also still looking to buy those SnapOn tools at Costco. :D

Take care,

Brett

Lol jerk :lol:

Is it a bad thing I've had the tools since I was 18 and forgot they were Channelock? lol. Good tools none the less.

Yeah I'll always stick around here. Too much knowledge to stay away hahaha.

BTW I have a thread explaining everything in the Club Lounge ;)

Thanks to you guys responses. I made a mistake on the tire types i gave to you. It was one Riken on the pass front side and the rest are Hankooks. Nevertheless, i plan to purchase the primacy mxv4 that guys go nuts about on this fourm. I'm hearing they are the best choice for this vehicle. The ride i have now is not bad. Its smooth, linear, and somewhat sporty. A bit noisy at times due to the tires i believe but thats about to change. I'll give you guys an update when the primacys get put on to let you know how the ride is. Peace!