Rx2010 Remote Key Locking Doors

i was asked a question that I couldn't answer

when you either press the lock button or touch that lock portion of the handle to lock the doors, it doesn't beep

how do you confirm that the doors are indeed locked?

i typically pull on my door handles to make sure it's locked before leaving, but with the new remote, it unlocks if you pull on the door handle.

any ideas?

i told her to lock it and throw the remote 10ft away and check the doors =)

she didn't think it was funny

On the Tundra I traded in for my Rx2010, the cargo light over the pickup bed would stay on for about 10-20 seconds if the truck was unlocked. It was very handy to be able to look back after walking away to verify that the light was out and the truck was locked.

On the Rx2010, I peer in through the window to make sure the lock on the opposite door is locked. This isn't nearly as convenient as the Tundra's light.

i was asked a question that I couldn't answer

when you either press the lock button or touch that lock portion of the handle to lock the doors, it doesn't beep

how do you confirm that the doors are indeed locked?

i typically pull on my door handles to make sure it's locked before leaving, but with the new remote, it unlocks if you pull on the door handle.

any ideas?

i told her to lock it and throw the remote 10ft away and check the doors =)

she didn't think it was funny

Our 2010 beeps when locking the doors so perhaps it's a programmable setting. Just had dealer set system where all doors unlock when unlocking driver's side. At first thought due "safety" issues perhaps it was a good thing to only have driver's side unlock. But after 3 months use decided it was more practical to have all doors unlock.

Okay I just went to the garage and tested the door lock.

If I lock it by touching the lock button, I hear a beep. If I try to open using the handle, it will not open and the lock is close. After a few seconds (maybe 3 seconds?), if I try to open again by pulling the handle, it will open.

This tells me that there is a few seconds delay where the lock remains lock after touching the lock button.

So if you dont hear a beep, pull the handle and test it.

• 7 months later...

Okay I just went to the garage and tested the door lock.

If I lock it by touching the lock button, I hear a beep. If I try to open using the handle, it will not open and the lock is close. After a few seconds (maybe 3 seconds?), if I try to open again by pulling the handle, it will open.

This tells me that there is a few seconds delay where the lock remains lock after touching the lock button.

So if you dont hear a beep, pull the handle and test it.

Pull the rear door and you can tell if the doors are locked. Or move your keyfob 5 ft away and try to pull the door handle.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there Rx350 automatic lock by itself after you leave the car? I thought it'd does the job, but it didn't I have to manually lock it myself. Just want to verify if it's me or the car. thanks!

Does anyone know if there Rx350 automatic lock by itself after you leave the car? I thought it'd does the job, but it didn't I have to manually lock it myself. Just want to verify if it's me or the car. thanks!

The car does not lock the doors after getting out of the vehicle on it's own. The only time that I see it doing this is when I touch the handle (or washing around the handle) but do not open the door… the car seems to lock itself again.

The car does not lock the doors after getting out of the vehicle on it's own. The only time that I see it doing this is when I touch the handle (or washing around the handle) but do not open the door… the car seems to lock itself again.

***Thank you! At what situation would it lock by itself? I'd be disappointed if does not do the job, since most Toyota would lock itself after a minute or so, assuming you forget to lock your car.