1992 Lexus Ls400 Tilt Steering Interior Light Radio Not Working

cvx16cvx

I have a 1992 Lexus Ls400 the interior lights , tilt steering , power door locks, radio, seat belt adjustment are not working. Yes I have checked the fuses and yes I have disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. I have checked every individual fuse . I am at a loss. Please I need to hear advice from someone who has actually corrected this issue. I have looked over the relays and I am at a loss. Is therre a separate ecu some where? is there a relay? Help!

The car runs fine everything works but what is wrong!

cvx16cvx@yahoo.com

• 4 months later...

I have a 1992 Lexus Ls400 the interior lights , tilt steering , power door locks, radio, seat belt adjustment are not working. Yes I have checked the fuses and yes I have disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. I have checked every individual fuse . I am at a loss. Please I need to hear advice from someone who has actually corrected this issue. I have looked over the relays and I am at a loss. Is therre a separate ecu some where? is there a relay? Help!

cvx16cvx@yahoo.com

Did you figure it out? I looked in my 1990 owners guide and some of those non-working things you mentioned are on different circuits, so its strange. Power locks on a different circuit than the radio. I dont think the radio, power locks had a relay.

cvx16cvx@yahoo.com

Did you figure it out? I looked in my 1990 owners guide and some of those non-working things you mentioned are on different circuits, so its strange. Power locks on a different circuit than the radio. I dont think the radio, power locks had a relay.

cvx16cvx,

Did you ever find out what was wrong? It sounds like a harness connector is either disconnected or its contacts have been mucked up; what condition is the interior of the vehicle? water damage, rust, etc.? I believe there are major harnesses that route to the back one the left and right inside edges next to the seats.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mike

I had a similar problem with my LS400 about a month ago. It turned out to be one of the three large oval fuses under the driver's side kick panel, below the steering wheel. They're behind the normal colored fuses. All I did was remove the covers, push down on the metal contacts, and reinstall them, and everything worked again. If this doesn't work, you may need to replace the oval ones. Some say that all you need to do it stick a metal wire through the small holes on the top of the fuses, push down, and release, and they get back to work. I didn't try this method.

Here's the diagram of the fuse box I am mentioning:

BcKsNgBGkKGrHgoH-DsEjlLl0BVjBKcQg6z.jpg

Hope this helps

I have a complete tutorial on how to fix this. I didn't make it, I just saved it from another LOC member. Send me an email and I will send you the PDF file. It is probably also saved on here if you do a search in the tutorial section.

• 6 months later...

I am currently having the same problem. I went away on a work trip for 7 weeks, left my '90 celsior in my garage, when i got back the battery had completely drained. I was unable to use the remote to unlock the doors, i just figured it was because the battery was dead (The remote worked when I had the jumpers set up to my truck...once). When i got im my car to drive if though, i couldnt adjust the steering column (I had just fixed the motor before i left), the radio wasnt working, the power mirrors didnt move, the seatbelt didnt adjust, and there were no interior lights.

I also had a new stereo and a brand new battery in 2 weeks before i left, my mates say the battery must have dropped a cell, and its not holding charge, or im up for a new alternator. Everything was working fine when i left the car though.

Not sure if this would have anything to do with my problem, but i thought id mention it anyways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

exact same problem here, just got back after almost a year and battery was dead so I charged it up and put it on Craigslist only to find out the Tilt, Interior Lights and Radio are not working. I really want those CD's out of the changer too. I was aware of the dash lights and gas gauge problem but this is driving me nuts. Any help is appreciated, I tried resetting the circuit breakers but they were not tripped. any other bright ideas? thanks