'07 Bluetooth / Iphone / Phonebook Setup

nutshellml

If I had a dollar for every time this has been asked ...

There is limited compatibility between the iPhone and older Lexus Bluetooth systems: http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/brands/...mp;passedPaIds=

I could be wrong but I think I've read that the latest Lexus Bluetooth systems have been altered specifically to better handle the iPhone.

Some iPhone users have purchased inexpensive compatible Bluetooth phones (e.g. from eBay) for the sole purpose of uploading their phone books to the Lexus Bluetooth system. If you do this, you might want to find a Bluetooth phone that can import your phone book so you wouldn't have to manually enter it.

Yea, I was researching too, alot of people haven't had any luck... I didn't think about buying another phone to import the contacts, not a bad idea. Ever hear of anyone using there laptop w/ bluetooth to transfer? THink that might be possible?

Yea, I was researching too, alot of people haven't had any luck... I didn't think about buying another phone to import the contacts, not a bad idea. Ever hear of anyone using there laptop w/ bluetooth to transfer? THink that might be possible?

Doubtful. A laptop computer isn't going to have a handsfree profile. I've tried to link non-phone Bluetooth devices to car Bluetooth systems for amusement and, although they sometimes connected, nothing could be transferred. Some Bluetooth phones can sync their phone books with software on a PC -- Outlook, Lotus Notes, CSV files -- which could eliminate the manual entry. A USB Bluetooth dongle for a PC is cheap -- I paid less than $10 for one over a year ago.