How Do You Remove Abs Fuse?

rlx101

'95 es300. junction block 2, fuse #14 (ABS) 60A. it would not come out. What is proper way to remove it? Is there a screw underneath it?

If ABS light is on, does it automatically mean that ABS system is disengaged? I am trying to figure out if my shaking during braking problem is due to ABS intervention. so i want to disable it by removing fuse first.

thanks!

absbz.jpg

ABS light is always on. Any ideas how to re3move the damn fuse so i can rule ABS out completely?

You should be getting some sort of ABS or TRAC light if the ABS is engaging while braking. Chances are you probably have a warped rotor.

ABS light is always on. Any ideas how to re3move the damn fuse so i can rule ABS out completely?
You should be getting some sort of ABS or TRAC light if the ABS is engaging while braking. Chances are you probably have a warped rotor.

There shouldn't be a screw on it. I am assuming that you tried rocking it slightly back and forth while pulling. Is there a plastic clip on the side(s)?

idk, are you sure there is no screw on the bottom? i dont want to brake anything. i found this on RX forum, RX line is similar to ES in many aspects .. may be they have similar ABS fuse:

Pull the connector at the harness for the ABS (with the car off and key out) to disable it and then see if it still does it. I'm guessing it's the speed sensors not rotors. Could also be the toothed rings on the axles that the ABS sensors use to get info.

I remember others reporting this problem in the past. It was always the toothed rings on the axle that caused the problem. this requires axle shaft replacement which is expensive. You should troubleshoot and hope your cause is something less expensive but I think the odds are with the toothed ring. One way to verify it is the ABS is to remove the large ABS fuse in the fuse box. Don't just pull on it. There is a trick to getting it out, a screw from the bottom. Once it is out your car should operate normally as a car without ABS. Only problem is the ABS light will be on.

There shouldn't be a screw on it. I am assuming that you tried rocking it slightly back and forth while pulling. Is there a plastic clip on the side(s)?

• 13 years later...

Because I shattered the 60A fuse trying to take it out in the first place, I opted to take a Dremel grinder to it, on a whim that the rumored "screw" was probably in the bottom center. I figured if I could free the case from the central screw I could pull it out and deal with the screw later.

(Those who already know the answer will recognize the futility of this.)  In the end, I reamed out the entire, empty center, and proceeded to saw the case in half, hoping the holding screw would be in one side or the other. (More head-shaking by those who've seen the fuse.) Nope, still held fast.

I broke down and unbolted the fusebox from the fender well, removed the lid, and then unclipped the top half of the box from the bottom half.  There's nowhere near enough slack in the wiring to flip the top over to be able to see the situation under the 60A fuse, so disconnecting enough connectors to get slack is a must.  Even at that, I still cannot see the (may I say it please, "!Removed!!") screws (the Lexus mechanic said he thought it was an 8mm and a 10mm holding it in place).

I met the mechanic when I went to the Lexus parts counter to order a new one. (The young attendant told me he googled to get the part number first so he could enter that into his parts catalog :^) ).

When you see it (attached), you too will know why it Sucks So Bad.

Toyota calls it a Fusible Link: Toyota (90982-08202).

If anyone ever figures out how to get to the bolts/screws/whatever, please contact me, no matter how many years in the future it is: I'll still be trying to figure it out...

9098208202.jpg