Gs300 Foglights

Has anyone put in HID foglights? I'm looking for a whiter look for my fogs. They look too yellow compared to the HID's when both are turned on.

HID will cost you some ducets to put in.

A cheaper solution is to find some decent 9006 bulbs that have a Kelvin rating (K) above 4000.

I have tried PIAA Xtreme White and Sylvania Super Stars which both are rated around 4100K and they were OK for whiteness.

The PIAA GTX-Plasma were also ok, but I did not like the color they produced in the H3 version of the bulb on my 02 ES so I haven't tried them in the 9006 bulb on my GS. Currently I am running a pair of PIAA Spark Blue at 7500K and these have a definate bright white light with a blue hue, bluer than my stock HID bulbs and a little too blue for me. The next bulb I will try in the PIAA Intense White at 4800K which should put me in the middle.

steviej

Are the foglights easy to change on the GS? What about the daytime running lights...can PIAA's be put in there too?

Changing the fog light bulbs is a piece of cake, swapping out the halogen bulbs for an HID set up is more involved.

You DRLs are actually the high beam bulbs at 50% power. No matter what bulb you use for the high beam will be yellow on the DRL setting.

There is a set up available that will convert your DRL to LED, unfortunately, you will lose the use of your high beams if you opt for this.

steviej

HID's may be more work than they're worth IMO. I replaced the fog lights on my '07 GS350 with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's. They are bright, white with a near match to the whiteness of the HID headlights. I also replaced the DRL's, again using Sylvania's Silverstar Ultra's. These really light up the road!! 9005 for the DRL's, 9006 for the fogs and can be found at just about any auto parts store.