Fantastic Product For Scratches & Swirls

I just purchased the Mequiars Scratch X product for swirls on my hood. This product is truly amazing!! I have never used a product that performs like this.

It also removed the fine scratches on my headlights. Try it, I promise you will love it.

really?? u loved it that much. i have a bottle. and have used it often. but its definately not a miracle product. i mean it only got out the very fine hairline scratches that just penetrate the clearcoat that u can't even hardly see in my experience. it didn't even phase any of the small noticable srcatches, but maybe its a faulty bottle or something. glad its working great for you. maybe i need to get a new bottle

I've been a fan of the Scratch X ever since I first tried it (about 8 containers ago).

If you have trouble removing certain paint damage/defects, you could try several applications. If you're still having trouble, the damage might be too severe for the scratch X to remove.

Scratch X is fantastic, though. Worth more than it costs, in my opinion.

That being said, on one of my cars I have 4 or 5 straight scratches side by side on the roof. Almost like someone set a TV or something on it. :chairshot: I cannot feel the scratches which is good but many ScratchX applications haven't budged them. What's the next step short of a rotary buffer? A rubbing compound of some sort? ScratchX has worked pretty well thus far but the larger scratches (even if you can't "feel" them) are too tuff for the stuff.

I purchased a tube of Scratch X and was not real impressed with the results. but I will try several applications as you guys suggested.

What I was impressed with is: I have some wiper scratches on my windshields, so I gave it a try. Amazing, I can hardly see the scratches. It has made the scratches almost disappear. Give it a try and see the results. I had been contemplating replacing the windshields as the car is in great shape, accept for the marks on the glass. This stuff just saved me approx. $600.00.

Thanks Meguires!

:cheers:

I've heard Steve say how wonderful these buffers are, and I remember when somebody backed into is baby, he used the buffer to remove just about all of the damage, but I am just a little nervous that I would bore a hole into the paint or something like that :blushing: ! Steve, how dangerous are these buffers if you don't use them in the right way...or if you've never used a buffer before??

:cheers:

For some reason the link is being funny and won't work for me, but I'm sure thats probably it, the Porter Cable Dual Action polisher.

blake- The PC is very safe, it doesn't generate a lot of heat like a rotary buffer, really the only way you could harm your car with it is to beat it with the PC mercilously ;)

• 2 weeks later...

okay i tried that product too and did not work for me at all,,

i wash the car every weekend so i can see alot of the details as they occur, and just recetly i decided to goahead and give it a good detail, this car is the only black car we have so this is the biggest pain in the butt, heres the steps that i used and still no luck , i think im gona get it repainted, or does anyone else have any ideas

all these products are made by meguires

step 1 clay bar

step 2 # 2 paint cleaner

step 3 scratch X

step 4 swril and scratch remover

step 5 glaze

step 6 wax

keep in mind all these steps are done by hand.....

so i really need help , repainting is my last option

You're not going to be able to remove swirling on the car by hand you're going to need a buffer with an abrasive polish. If you're not comfortable or dont want to purchase a buffer you can just pay a professional detailer to do a good complete detail on the car and remove the scratching and swirling.

Quote: all these products are made by Meguiar’s

step 1 clay bar

step 2 # 2 paint cleaner

step 3 scratch X

step 4 swril and scratch remover

step 5 glaze

step 6 wax

keep in mind all these steps are done by hand.....

~One mans opinion / observation~

As SWO3ES says, you need to step up to something more aggressive, like Meg’s DACP, and this will entail using a rotary or an orbital buffer.

Just out of interest steps 3 ScratchX step 4 SMR should be reversed (follow a more aggressive ‘cut with a milder ‘cut).

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*