Silverstars?

chadmg7

they are 100% street legal in all 50 states. They are simply a replacement bulb made by Sylvania. They offer a color about about 4000k, are affordable, available in Wal-MArt and most every auto-part store, and come in a multitude of buld configurations.

Good stuff!!

steviej

Cool. Thanks for your input everyone! (Juan01: I also meant that it wasn't really a matter of whether or not I could afford the HIDs, not you personally :) ... sorry, :unsure: didn't mean to make a generalized statement). :D

One last question: would you recommend getting them for my fog lights or highs on top of the lows? How much do each of these bulbs cost approx?

Thanks!

if you are gonna do it, do it right, this way the colors match on all your bulbs.

The highs and lows will run you about $20-25 per bulb, depending on where you get them. I do not know what the H3 fog bulb in the Silverstar goes for. My guess would be about $15-20 each.

do post a picture if you do it all up.

steviej

I have silverstars on the lows and highs. i didn't do the foglights because they have that yellow lens on them anyway and in dallas bad fog happens about once a year. (I came here from san francisco where it is a daily occurance).

when you fire the high beams on I think you can see the car from space :lol:

i personally have MTEC japanese bulbs, and silverstars for the fogs. they are much brighter as the H3 fogs. i haven't gone out to get hte high beams yet. but i'm using 4350K MTEC bulbs... not usre about lumens rating. it's hard to find for japanese companies. since i don't understand japanese... heh. but hey dropspace, where around dallas are you located? i'm in plano, right by davenport lexus service shop.

kev