Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires!

KeithB

I am typically a "Michelin Man" when it comes to tires but when I lived in Calgary I had a VW Touareg with Hankook Ventus and they were quiet and an excellent tire. I am now about to put tires on my 07 GS350 and thinking seriously about going with the Ventus V12 Evo K110 tires in a 245-40-18 size.

Any experience here with this tire? The price is very competitive when compared to the Michelins and I am about to give them a try.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Keith

La Quinta, Ca

I did go with the Hankook's and I am very happy with the purchase. Almost half the price of the Michelins and in my opinion, just a good a tire. They are quiet, handle very well and have a great looking agressive tread. We will see on the tire life.

I think these are the most "overlooked" tire out there. After doing some research on Hankook my decision was easy. They have been in business for many years and have signed an agreement with Michelin for manufacturing.....that should tell you something.

Thanks,

Keith :o

Our 2005 Jaguar S-Type came with a new set of Hankook Ventus tires (P235/50/ZR17) when we purchased the car back in mid-December. I was very wary of Hankook and used this as one of my bargaining chips to get the price way down from what the dealer was asking. After buying the car, I contacted Hankook USA and learned that these tires actually carry a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty. Their corporate office mailed me a registration card which I promptly filled out and returned....

With nearly 17,000 miles now on the tires, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well these Hankook tires have held up. While I don't expect them to go the 50.000-mile distance, they may indeed get 40,000 miles. For a Z-rated tire, that would be a great accomplishment as far as I'm concerned....

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Update: Replaced Hankook tires at about 31K miles on Mercedes C300, a little sooner than I expected given moderate driving conditions. But handling/ride/noise was good through entire period and life is typical for summer performance tire.

New tires are Kumho Ecsta ASX (performance all-season tire), we will see how those go....

• 2 years later...