Interested In A '99 Ls

ED.

There is a 1999 LS for sale and I was interested in it. Located about an hour and a half away so I've been thinking on it the past couple of days on whether or not it's worth the miles to go see.

Car is gold with tan interior and has the navigation system, car phone as well as heated seats and I am assuming HID headlamps. I thought it was standard? Miles are 97,000.

Thoughts? Anything new for '99? I may go look at it this Sunday.

There is a 1999 LS for sale and I was interested in it. Located about an hour and a half away so I've been thinking on it the past couple of days on whether or not it's worth the miles to go see.

Car is gold with tan interior and has the navigation system, car phone as well as heated seats and I am assuming HID headlamps. I thought it was standard? Miles are 97,000.

I bought the same car (less Nav & phone) in April with 138,000 mi. I went to my Lexus dealer and gave them the VIN and they were able to pull the service histiory. Turned out one owner, local, and everything had always been done at the dealer including recent timing belt/water pump and rack & pinion. That along with a clean Carfax gave me the confidence to pull the trigger. The Benz dealer had it priced at $11,999 on the sticker. I walked out for $8000 even.

A dream to drive after my 275,000 mile 93 & 94 LS's.

HIDs are not standard, but most '99s have them, and if this car has nav, it probably has HIDs too. Around here, the majority of the Gen2.5s usually come with the Premium Package (cd changer, HIDs, and moonroof). I'd probably steer clear of one with that antique nav system! The car phone is going to be worthless too, but that's easy to take out.

What's new in '99? Nothing major:

New_Features.pdf

And details on the revision to the steering column:

Steering.pdf