Brake Issue With My 2007 Es350!

saabkyle04

My ES has been making the most God awful noise every now and then for a while now, mostly when there is humidity in the air. I thought it was just simple brake rust after sitting through the night but it will do it even thought you've been driving all day. I'm posting a link to a video I made of the exterior and interior of the car while backing up. It ONLY does while backing up and is a complete embarrassment for a car that costs as much as it does. it is almost not even worth going in reverse hahaha. Also, fyi, the dealer replaced the rear brake pads I believe before I left to go back to school in hopes that it would fix it, but sadly it didn't :( does anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks everyone for your input!

Kyle

My ES has been making the most God awful noise every now and then for a while now, mostly when there is humidity in the air. I thought it was just simple brake rust after sitting through the night but it will do it even thought you've been driving all day. I'm posting a link to a video I made of the exterior and interior of the car while backing up. It ONLY does while backing up and is a complete embarrassment for a car that costs as much as it does. it is almost not even worth going in reverse hahaha. Also, fyi, the dealer replaced the rear brake pads I believe before I left to go back to school in hopes that it would fix it, but sadly it didn't :( does anyone have any insight to this?

Kyle

I had the same problem - my lexus service rep said it's a common defect - especially while backing up. The dealer resurfaced the rear rotors and replaced the brakes front and back under warranty. Hope this helps.

Doug

Kyle

Brake problems are very common on the 07 ES but the dealer should able to find and fix the problem, How many miles does the car have?

The car just turned 30k miles, it's been doing this now for a while though. I know they replaced brakes and I thought they said rear, but the more I research it, I think it's in the front. I'm just not able to go to my dealer right now due to school, although there is major toyota dealer down the road from me, which they said I could bring it, does anyone think that would be fine or should I go to my dealer? They said they service lexus all the time, just didn't know if it would affect warranty haha, sorry if it's a dumb question :rolleyes: Thanks for the replies so far, at least I know I'm not the only one!

Kyle

The car just turned 30k miles, it's been doing this now for a while though. I know they replaced brakes and I thought they said rear, but the more I research it, I think it's in the front. I'm just not able to go to my dealer right now due to school, although there is major toyota dealer down the road from me, which they said I could bring it, does anyone think that would be fine or should I go to my dealer? They said they service lexus all the time, just didn't know if it would affect warranty haha, sorry if it's a dumb question :rolleyes: Thanks for the replies so far, at least I know I'm not the only one!

Kyle

The last time I had my brakes done I had the Toyota dealer to perform the service and they did just fine, As I listen to the sound it sound like it could be the

rear brakes my car makes a simlar sound though not as loud if I back up with the parking brake on and I had to have my rear brakes replaced at 19k miles

and that is way to soon.

Kyle

The last time I had my brakes done I had the Toyota dealer to perform the service and they did just fine, As I listen to the sound it sound like it could be the

rear brakes my car makes a simlar sound though not as loud if I back up with the parking brake on and I had to have my rear brakes replaced at 19k miles

and that is way to soon.

I'm hoping that I will be able to take this video in to the dealer and show them as well because I can't always duplicate it :/ I hope it would suffice, but maybe I'll just have to go on another overcast day when it does it really bad like this. I even checked the parking brake, I would've felt like a moron if I had left it on haha but I didn't, and it didn't help resetting it. I just want this fixed right one time, I don't want to have to keep making multiple visits :( Since I'm a first year pharmacy school student, it's hard now for me to find free time!