Lug Nut Replacement Rx300

JIrvine

I recently had to remove all four locking lug nuts from my RX300. The key for the lug nuts had become unusable. My question is this...I want to replace all four with a standard lug nut, but Lexus wants almost 20 dollars a lug nut, but I was told that due to the nature of the lug nuts on this vehicle having a washer attached to the nut, I would be unable to use a standard lug nut set for 15 bucks for four? Does any one have any suggestions? Could I use a standard lug and put a washer on it? I know that the standard lugs are tappered on the end that fits into the hole. Any help would be appreciated...thanks...

I recently had to remove all four locking lug nuts from my RX300. The key for the lug nuts had become unusable. My question is this...I want to replace all four with a standard lug nut, but Lexus wants almost 20 dollars a lug nut, but I was told that due to the nature of the lug nuts on this vehicle having a washer attached to the nut, I would be unable to use a standard lug nut set for 15 bucks for four? Does any one have any suggestions? Could I use a standard lug and put a washer on it? I know that the standard lugs are tappered on the end that fits into the hole. Any help would be appreciated...thanks...

You just need the correct style/thread (12x1.5) with the shank and washer. They are off the shelf parts at any decent retailer.

Advanced auto Part No. 99017 $3.99

16140081_pby_99017_main.jpg

Lexus dealer should only be charging $6 a piece too.

The Autozone lug nuts will work fine but they may have a different finish. I know the AdvanceAuto ones have a slightly different finish - less shiny and more gray vs chrome. I got mine from a local Toyota dealer who gave me the wholesale price (which he almost always does). They were $7.20 per. You can also get factory nuts on-line delivered for about the same.