Battery Issues

Bfam0003

I purchased a GX 470, july 03, and I have had numerous problems with the vehicle not starting. It was found that the battery was dead so they replaced the battery. Within a month, the vehicle required to be jumped 4 times. LEXUS assistance been involved and has stated that it maybe the alternator. WHAT!!! you have got to be kidding me. The vehicle is only a few months old and it requires a new alternator. They are replacing the alternator tomorrow, but I still feel as if I've been raped. Has anyone heard of similar issues? A $56000 that requires a jump? No thanks

I know how you feel!! I have been in for service 4 or 5 times myself for service on my air conditioning. And then there was the problem with the drive shaft at approx. 4-5 months old. And then the light burning out about then. And then the strong fumes. I am anxious to hear if you have the same fumes, the sulfa, rotten egg smelling fumes upon acceleration. Talking to another GX owner, she had the same problems with her vehicle. What is going on!!! It is the worst feeling to pay this amount of money for these problems. I owned a Lincoln Navigator before this and no problems at all. Why in the world did I switch!!!!!!!! I feel for you!!!!