Bad Fuel Economy

ivan300

Hey guys i bought a 92 es300 a couple months ago. The car drives great however i am getting 13mpg in 90% city. I am babying it so it should be getting much better mpg's.

These are the things i have done so far:

- New Fuel filter

- Spark plugs

- Rotor/Cap

- set timing to 17

- leaned out the afm 3 clicks

- New o2 sensors

- Checked the ecu there are no codes

Any ideas what i should check/replace?

could try cleaning out the maf sensor with some electrical contact cleaner, it usually throws you a code if its not functioning correctly though but id say its worth a try its only about $5 for a can of it at radio shack. Also some people have had good success with sea foam, ive never used it but from what i heard it will clean everything out and improve mpg.

Hey guys i bought a 92 es300 a couple months ago. The car drives great however i am getting 13mpg in 90% city. I am babying it so it should be getting much better mpg's.

These are the things i have done so far:

- New Fuel filter

- Spark plugs

- Rotor/Cap

- set timing to 17

- leaned out the afm 3 clicks

- New o2 sensors

- Checked the ecu there are no codes

Any ideas what i should check/replace?

A couple more related (and inexpensive) tune up items to replace....the air filter & PCV valve. Is your tire pressure correct? Besides the spare tire & related items....any heavy stuff in your trunk?

How many miles on the car?

:cheers:

the 3vzfe has a mechanical maf which doesn't require cleaning. I checked it when I adjusted the afm and it was clean

I forgot to mention that I replaced the PVC valve and the little gromet

I checked the tire pressures 2 were at 30 and 2 were at 26. I put them all to 35. Though I doubt that would affect the economy that much

the car has 146k miles and is an auto

besides the normal stuff the trunk is empty

the coolant temp sensor is a good idea.That could cause the ecu to be stuck in warmup enrichment mode. Ill have a look at it to Tomorrow

Thanks for the help so far :)