Ls400radio Removal

JWhite

Have a 95 LS400 with LED problems and would like to remove the radio and have it repaired. Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to remove the radio from the center console? I have seen instructions on the 90-94 but it doesn't look to be the same setup.

These instructions are for a 1998-99 LS400 but it is essentially the same for all 95-00 LS400: http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/Adobe/MV-50-03-L-p19.pdf

The radio in a 95-00 LS is even easier to remove than in a 90-94 LS -- I've done both lots of times.

Be aware that the center air vents are fragile -- be gentle but firm when prying them out so you don't break them. Their replacement cost is $hundreds. If the vents fall apart keep track of all the parts so you can snap the assembly back together. The vents on my 00 LS usually separate into a zillion pieces and it's quite a puzzle to reconstruct them -- pay attention to how the vent parts fit together in case you have to reassemble them.