Dashboard Sun Reflections ?

Good day All,

Please, excuse my english writing, I'm trying hard.

I am trying to figure out how to eliminate or at least diminish the sun light reflections from my dashboard to my windscreen.

It really hampers driving when the sun shines in front and I almost smashed my inlaws the other day... (they think I did it on purpose..)

any realy solutions available please ??

tia :huh:

Good day All,

Please, excuse my english writing, I'm trying hard.

I am trying to figure out how to eliminate or at least diminish the sun light reflections from my dashboard to my windscreen.

It really hampers driving when the sun shines in front and I almost smashed my inlaws the other day... (they think I did it on purpose..)

any realy solutions available please ??

tia :huh:

Try wearing polarized sunglasses. They do a good job in eliminating glare. I've used them for many years when boating.

Has anyone applied any products to the surface of the dashboard, such as armoral? If the dash is shiny then there will be a lot of glare.

Try cleaning the dash with a 6:1 solution of water to woolite on a cotton cloth. This will remove anything on the surface and bring back the factory matte finish.

Some DAWN dishwashing liquid diluted in water works also. Should you wish to treat the dash afterwards (probably should as the sosp will strip everyting) there are low gloss products out there.

If the reflection is not because of a glossy treatment, then I second the suggestion of polarized sunglasses. I've used them for year for driving, and the difference between polarized and non polarized is quite remarkable.