Sat In The 2010 Today!

SW03ES

Sat in a Smokey Granite/Black 2010 ES350 w/nav today.

First off let me say the car looks MUCH better in person. All the tweaks flow together and look natural, and the new front end has a lot of dimension to it that doesn't come through in pictures. The new rear lamps stick out a bit more on the sides a'la the IS.

Very sharp and I even liked the standard wheels in person.

The new interior trims make a huge difference. The car looks much more expensive inside IMHO, and the new LED nav screen is beautiful. Very bright and sharp. The new functionality is great too.

All in all, I still have some issue with the leather quality and the overall stitch quality on the seats, no improvements there. Although the UL car does have triple stitching so maybe theres some difference there. UL cars will not be standard dealer fare as Alan had said, at least in our region, only special order.

The car was priced at $40,650 which is just a screaming deal for the equipment if you ask me.

Hope to drive one soon...

I just got my ES serviced at the Lexus dealer over the weekend....unfortunately they did not have a 2010 yet.....I am going to check it out once they do have them in stock though.

Steve...specifically what are the 'major' interior tweaks? Anything on the dash besides the nav?

:cheers:

There are some pictures floating around. They added additional wood to the dash, as well as chrome trim. The little peice below the nav screen is now wood, and there is a strip above the glovebox where there previously was not one before. The window controls and steering controls have some simple chrome trim, and the center vents have been reworked and also feature some chrome trim. The nav is all new and the screen is LED. The steering wheel buttons are also new as is the design of the airbag module, the buttons are no longer covered by a membrane, they are more traditional buttons.

The wood is also different, its a brown stain with no red in it and its a more bird's eye maple grain than a burlwood grain which the car had before.

The seat design and stitching and the rest of the interior are the same, materials all seem the same. Some new colors. The UL car is supposed to feature triple stitching and better leather...which we already have in our cars. The UL will be VERY rare on the east coast though.

I went in today for my 1,000 mile checkup (I'm at 1400 miles). They had only one 2010 es 350 on the lot which was sold, so it was locked and I couldn't sit in it. This one was silver with black interior. Looking through the windows, the only big difference I saw was the wood and chrome trim on the glove box. I did like the subtle exterior changes, though. Very pretty. I would have liked to have seen the NAV system and screen.

AND... at my 1000 mile checkup they took up the driver's side mat and placed it in the trunk -- even though I asked them not to. They said they HAVE to. :( After that tragic accident report, I looked very closely at my mat for about 30 mins. Mine just can't come loose or move. It is hooked in and has spikes on the back. I kept thinking that maybe the driver placed another mat on top of the hooked one? Or under it? I just couldn't see how my mat could move and effect the gas pedal.

Anyway, the service folks told me I'd hear about the fix in about two weeks... They put down an ugly piece of white paper.

My dealer has 2010's now. They are WAY less offensive in person than in pictures. I generally like the car, wheels, lights, front end, etc., a lot more in person than from the pictures. The fog lights and the steering wheel are bad in my opinion but I think the other things look good and it is a nice refresh overall. The wood over the glove box that I disliked very much in the pics looks very nice in person. The chrome outlining of the wood on the doors I could do without.

My dealer has 2010's now. They are WAY less offensive in person than in pictures. I generally like the car, wheels, lights, front end, etc., a lot more in person than from the pictures. The fog lights and the steering wheel are bad in my opinion but I think the other things look good and it is a nice refresh overall. The wood over the glove box that I disliked very much in the pics looks very nice in person. The chrome outlining of the wood on the doors I could do without.

After reading an ad that the dealership in Rockville sent me, I was tempted to trade my '07 UL in for this new one... oh man Steve... you shoulda just said nothing!

Haha! Rockville is where I saw it.

Yeah it definitely looks much better in person, Lexus vehicles often do.

Only thing nyu, it will be almost impossible for you to get a 2010 with the UL...

I got to check out the 2010 in person yesterday finally while getting some warranty work done!! It was pretty awesome, I also made a detailed video of it for anyone wants a "virtual" tour but feel like you're there. I'm a big youtube user, I also got to check out the 2010 HS hybrid, IS250C, 2010 RX, and others, but this isn't the forum for them so I will stick with the ES :P

Here's the video, hope it's helpful! Enjoy!

Kyle

Great Video.....When I saw the '10 ES350 in some other posts, I wasn't all that impressed. But, after watching yours I am now wanting a 2010. I see they put a coat hanger behind the driver (I like that). Also, like the way the center console opens now.

I see the dealer hasn't removed the drivers floor mat like they are supposed to, or are the '10's exempt? I can't remember.

Hey man, great video!

I really like the car, I even am starting to like those wheels.

I still have to drive one, since we're getting into winter and I don't like buying new cars in the winter I'll wait until spring if I were to buy anything, but the changes to this car have really made me wonder if I might want a new ES vs a pre-owned LS430.

I definately prefer a light interior on this car...

Thanks guys! All I had was my iphone, I wish I had my digital camera but I thought it turned out pretty good. They are supposed to have some new interesting color combination with the interior that I saw in the brochure "black w/ saddle tan leather" that ought to be interesting! And it is real nice that they put the coat hangers back in. I think those subtle changes they made did a world for the car. I also love the new nav setup and the SOS system. Plus how they're carrying more two tone colors is really cool. I spoke with the service dept and they said the same thing I say and that it is carelessness when attaching the mats and not anchoring them down and/or putting the all weather on top of the carpet ones. They pretty much said that toyota will either move the gas pedal or something like that but nothing's been released, I'm sure not taking my mats out lol, they're properly secured :P

I'll second that one....Lexus vehicles do look better in in the 'real'...than in pictures...I have not seen one yet in the ATL area...but I just may be tempted to trade my 09...If I'm really feeling it..... I was not impressed with grill and front that much in pics...but now I have to check it out.... ;)

Here's the video, hope it's helpful! Enjoy!

Kyle

Great video sir~ I noticed you mentioned in the Youtube comments section about 'larger spoiler' options. Did you get to see any? I wonder if they're talking about some wings or just a more pronounced lip...

nice... nice... NICE...

Awesome video! Thanks for that. B)

I really like the changes to the 2010 as well.....come 2012 I have two on my short list....the 2010 ES & believe it or not, a 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI AWD....in pearl white! I really like the styling of the new CTS. :whistles:

Did you get a chance to check if the Lexus still has the lock out of messges (MSG) for audio/radio songs and a lock out to use the Navigation? That is the one drawback I don't like. I had to pull over to use the Nav because the voice commands weren't working well and when I wanted the list of POIs that I wanted to go to but could not while driving. The Acura/Cadillac/Infiniti do not have the lock out feature. Please let me know...and thanks for the video!!! It was great!

Did you get a chance to check if the Lexus still has the lock out of messges (MSG) for audio/radio songs and a lock out to use the Navigation? That is the one drawback I don't like. I had to pull over to use the Nav because the voice commands weren't working well and when I wanted the list of POIs that I wanted to go to but could not while driving. The Acura/Cadillac/Infiniti do not have the lock out feature. Please let me know...and thanks for the video!!! It was great!

Yes it does...

The Infinitis I've driven have the same lockout...