Just Purchased A Used Gs300

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Just got a used 2006 GS 300 at a lexus dealership for dealer sticker was $31,900 negotiated to $28,600. $31k with tax/license fees. Only 1 owner, he leased it from Tustin Lexus(also where I purchased it) and leased a newer model. In excellent condition.

Here are the specs:

Mileage: 46,928

Exterior: Black

Interior: Black

Fully loaded with navi, bluetooth etc, except ML and parking assist.

Came with chrome rims ($2k in value) and tinted windows.

This also came with CPO 3year/100k warranty.

Since I barely got it last Tuesday. Was wondering about the navigation...is all the '06 models screen grainy? Is this the old dvd or the screen's fault?

I haven't tried the override yet for the bluetooth. Was wondering if it's worth the upgrade?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Just got a used 2006 GS 300 at a lexus dealership for dealer sticker was $31,900 negotiated to $28,600. $31k with tax/license fees. Only 1 owner, he leased it from Tustin Lexus(also where I purchased it) and leased a newer model. In excellent condition.

Here are the specs:

Since I barely got it last Tuesday. Was wondering about the navigation...is all the '06 models screen grainy? Is this the old dvd or the screen's fault?

I haven't tried the override yet for the bluetooth. Was wondering if it's worth the upgrade?

Thank you!

Congrats on the new car. Your car has about the same milage and options as mine, so it gives me some idea of what my car is worth (though after subtracting the dealers markup, I'd get killed if I traded it in).

Anyway, the navigation issue you're talking about is with the screen - even if you upgrade the software/DVD, it'll be the same. The problem is that the resolution on the screen is too low - something they improved with the 2007 model, I believe. I've been trying to find a way to replace the screen without replacing the whole unit, which is a costly proposition, but haven't found anything yet.

Enjoy your new car!

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Thank you!

Congrats on the new car. Your car has about the same milage and options as mine, so it gives me some idea of what my car is worth (though after subtracting the dealers markup, I'd get killed if I traded it in).

Anyway, the navigation issue you're talking about is with the screen - even if you upgrade the software/DVD, it'll be the same. The problem is that the resolution on the screen is too low - something they improved with the 2007 model, I believe. I've been trying to find a way to replace the screen without replacing the whole unit, which is a costly proposition, but haven't found anything yet.

Enjoy your new car!

thanks for your response. i just hope there's some way...later that we can change the screen for a better resolution. right now i like the bypass feature that you can't do with the newer models.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Thank you!

Enjoy your new car!

thanks for your response. i just hope there's some way...later that we can change the screen for a better resolution. right now i like the bypass feature that you can't do with the newer models.

now that you mention the price and miles you got your car for i feel like i kinda got ripped off.. i just bought my 06 gs300 last week with a 3 yr/75k mile warranty for $33000 the only diff is mine had 26k miles and mine was black on beige :(

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Thank you!

Enjoy your new car!

now that you mention the price and miles you got your car for i feel like i kinda got ripped off.. i just bought my 06 gs300 last week with a 3 yr/75k mile warranty for $33000 the only diff is mine had 26k miles and mine was black on beige :(

Hi there -- I, too, just bought an '06 GS300 with 45k miles. I got it for 27,800 so I think it was a pretty good buy. I traded my 06 IS350, which was fast and fun but just too small. The resolution on the IS350 was ALOT better but I can live with this given the increased size and other features (rain sensing wipers, memory seats, Levinson, sunshade). Anyway, I was wondering...what is the bypass and how does that work? Thanks and enjoy your new cars! :D

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Femmert here....sounds good to me. I bought one last Spring with the same specs and mileage

under the CPO program. Only difference is mine has AWD and the hard-riding run-flat tires...

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Thank you!

Hey Just bought my gs 300 last month, fully loaded with ML, Nav, backup camera and 21k miles for $25900 in NY. So excited with the deal but need to get an extended warranty cause my runs out in july of next year.

Welcome to the club! I'm sure you will enjoy your car!

--Duckman

Hey Just bought my gs 300 last month, fully loaded with ML, Nav, backup camera and 21k miles for $25900 in NY. So excited with the deal but need to get an extended warranty cause my runs out in july of next year.

I bought mine fully loaded with 29K miles on it for $28,500 and thought that was good deal but you beat me!

Enjoy your new vehicle and welcome to the club.

I bought mine fully loaded with 29K miles on it for $28,500 and thought that was good deal but you beat me!

Enjoy your new vehicle and welcome to the club.

Recently bought a GS300 AWD 31K..Came off lease, one owner. Paid 28,900.. Loaded. Navigation, Mark Levinson sound, back up camera, the works. Paid $1700 for extended warranty 5yr/60,000 miles. Love the car.. Only thing I don't care for are the Dunlap run flat tires. Smooth, but kinda hard. Thinking of replacing soon with Bridgestone Serentities.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

Newbie here.

Here are the specs:

Thank you!

Upgraded from ES330 to GS300. 36K miles, Opal Blue exterior, Ash interior. Navigation, Blue Tooth, Backup Camera, Mark Levinson, Park Assist, Lexus CPO 3 years/100,000 warranty. Paid $28,100 before taxes. 31,000 after all taxes and fees. So we are pretty much around the same figure. I did go ahead and added the dent guard feature because I park my car in downtown and people usually don't care about the car in the next spot :)

So far, I am loving the car. My only compare is the trunk space but then I knew what I was getting into when upgrading form ES to a GS. Also, interior lighting is good, but I think it would not have hurt to put a cabin light which can be controlled manually in addition to the spot lights.

I picked up my 2006 GS430 at the end of September during the Certified Pre-Owned special program. It had a little over 40,000 miles and they went $28,500 before taxes.

I was debating between the 300AWD (living in the snowbelt) and the RWD 8 cylinder. My wife asked one simple question: Wouldn't you want the 8 cyl. power more? She won! :lol:

Congrats on your pickup!

I will say when the dealership did the "We Owe" work, they gave me a new RX350. The Nav screen in the RX really made me sad when I looked at the one in my GS. I would DEFINITELY be interested in upgrading the screen for better resolution. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up my 2006 GS430 at the end of September during the Certified Pre-Owned special program. It had a little over 40,000 miles and they went $28,500 before taxes.

I was debating between the 300AWD (living in the snowbelt) and the RWD 8 cylinder. My wife asked one simple question: Wouldn't you want the 8 cyl. power more? She won! :lol:

Congrats on your pickup!

I will say when the dealership did the "We Owe" work, they gave me a new RX350. The Nav screen in the RX really made me sad when I looked at the one in my GS. I would DEFINITELY be interested in upgrading the screen for better resolution. ;)

Congrats to all you guys on your new GS's. They are fun to ride in, just get the right tires. I have Bridgestone pole position all season ultra high perf

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased an 07 GS350 with 26,700 miles for 30,998. Spectra blue, with tan leather interior, wood grain accents. LCD screen (appears not to have navi), ML audio, 6 disc cd changer, bluetooth connectivity, voice command dialing, etc. I'm very happy with how it rides, though I have noticed the "rough" ride described by many people due to the run flats.

About the Navi, it appears I have all the hardware required, except for maybe the DVD drive. Anybody know what it would run me to add navigation to the car?

Also, I noticed yesterday that my windshield wipers do not rest just inside the hood, rather they rest roughly 4-5 inches above it. Is there anyway I can easily adjust this?

gs350.bmp

I just purchased an 07 GS350 with 26,700 miles for 30,998. Spectra blue, with tan leather interior, wood grain accents. LCD screen (appears not to have navi), ML audio, 6 disc cd changer, bluetooth connectivity, voice command dialing, etc. I'm very happy with how it rides, though I have noticed the "rough" ride described by many people due to the run flats.

About the Navi, it appears I have all the hardware required, except for maybe the DVD drive. Anybody know what it would run me to add navigation to the car?

Also, I noticed yesterday that my windshield wipers do not rest just inside the hood, rather they rest roughly 4-5 inches above it. Is there anyway I can easily adjust this?

Congrats, If you have ML, you should have navi. Maybe the DVD is not in the drive. The wipers can be lower by taking off the whole arm and re-positioning it.

• 2 months later...

Hey there i bought mine two weeks ago. I got an 06 gs 430 with 50K on it for 23000, is that a good deal. ????? black on black not even a scratch on it. it has the mark levinson back up camera parking sensors.. i think it has every feature lexus offers loool