It Just Won't Start

Bfam0003

I purchased a GX 470, july 03, and I have had numerous problems with the vehicle not starting. It was found that the battery was dead so they replaced the battery. Within a month, the vehicle required to be jumped 4 times. LEXUS assistance been involved and has stated that it maybe the alternator. WHAT!!! you have got to be kidding me. The vehicle is only a few months old and it requires a new alternator. They are replacing the alternator tomorrow, but I still feel as if I've been raped. Has anyone heard of similar issues?

At any time, is the battery light coming when driving around or does the battery light not go out after the truck starts up?

it is not a perfect world, this is why we have warranties and lexus roadside service.

Allow the dealer to find and remedy the problem, as this is a new vehicle to the Lexus fleet and quirks are bound to surface. At least it is of no cost to you except for you time and aggrevation. We have all been there at one time or another.

I checked alldata.com to see if there are any TSBs on the electrical systems of this vehicle and unfortuenately none come up.

here is the link for future use: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/74/03740614.html

hang in there, it will get fixed.

steviej