F-sport Suspension

First time back on the forum since I bought my IS350 in 2007 and I'm checking to see if anyone has experience with the F-sport suspension bits.

I'm liking the IS quite a bit for real world driving (I have a GSXR750 for other world), but the Lexus does suffer from lack of steering feel and a bit too much body roll.

Thinking about installing the F-sport dampers, sway bars and rear brace but not the lower springs when the car hits ~60K miles next year. I realize that dropping the cg would help with body roll but I live in NE and have to deal with winter. I don't want to lower the body and use the front fascia as a snow plow. BTW I use 17" aftermarket wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires, which work fine except for getting me out of my steep driveway. The 17" wheels take the F-sport brakes off the table, which is probably good since they're $$$$.

If anybody has experience upgrading an IS350 with the F-sport suspension parts please let me know. I've never driven an IS/F but reviews peg it as tuned way too stiff, presumably because there's so little allowable suspension travel with monster tires filling up the wheel wells. I'm hoping that the F-sport dampers and sway bars, combined with the standard springs will be a good comfort/handling compromise. As for steering feel, maybe that can't be helped or at best slightly improved with different summer tires once the Potenzas wear out.

I don't know, from what you describe, I would do coilovers instead. Like Tien CS's or Tenabe Sustecs. The reason I say that is because then you can raise the car more for the winter if you like, and lower it in the summer, and you can tune the ride to be more stiff or softer to ensure your getting the ride you want. I've actually found that a bit softer in the front and a bit stiffer in the rear end provides a nice even ride. They're fully adjustable, not just ride height adjustable. Coilovers don't mean you have to be lowered.

And the F sport line is just the name of the accessory line. They aren't direct parts off the IS-F.

I don't know, from what you describe, I would do coilovers instead. Like Tien CS's or Tenabe Sustecs. The reason I say that is because then you can raise the car more for the winter if you like, and lower it in the summer, and you can tune the ride to be more stiff or softer to ensure your getting the ride you want. I've actually found that a bit softer in the front and a bit stiffer in the rear end provides a nice even ride. They're fully adjustable, not just ride height adjustable. Coilovers don't mean you have to be lowered.

And the F sport line is just the name of the accessory line. They aren't direct parts off the IS-F.

Duh, I hadn't thought of that! That's why l like forum. No doubt Lexus markup for these Lexus parts is huge. When I do major suspension stuff on the race bike (RS125) I take it GMD Computrack who have a database of optimal geometry and settings. No idea how I'd do this with the car, but presumably there are some shops in the Boston exurbs that might know what they're doing and get it done a lot cheaper than Lexus. Thanks!