Rx350 Navigation Issue

My wife and I just purchased a 2007 RX350 AWD with a navigation system that is reporting the following:

"A program could not be found"

"Please consult to a dealer"

All other aspects of the computer work fine (Climate/Audio/Trip).

I was told by the dealer I bought the vehicle from (Acura dealer, not lexus) that all I needed was to go to the dealer and get the software updated. I am hoping that it isn't a major issue (vehicle is still under factory warrenty, but I doubt this would be covered) and it is just going to be an update, but I am having second thoughts and I am a little concerned.

Has anyone seen this message before that can tell me what it means and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Wildcat

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I just purchased a 2007 RX350 AWD with a navigation system that is reporting the following:

"A program could not be found"

"Please consult to a dealer"

All other aspects of the computer work fine (Climate/Audio/Trip).

I was told by the dealer I bought the vehicle from (Acura dealer, not lexus) that all I needed was to go to the dealer and get the software updated. I am hoping that it isn't a major issue (vehicle is still under factory warrenty, but I doubt this would be covered) and it is just going to be an update, but I am having second thoughts and I am a little concerned.

Has anyone seen this message before that can tell me what it means and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance

Wildcat

The wrong DVD map disc has been installed. Lucky for you the price just dropped to $199 from $265. Get Lexus part number PT21-GEN05-09. The part number on the DVD map disc must be 86271-5302X(the X is a placeholder)... so if the disc in the navigation ECU doesn't match then its just a wrong map disc.