Need Advise

SC4HUNDO

Ok, mine is a 95 SC400, what am i supposed to put in for power steering fluid, my manual says DEX II Tranny Fluid, i goto the auto parts store and all i found was DEX III, is that essentially the same and do i have to use it, or is it good to use Power Steering Fluid with a conditioner or something like that?

Ok, mine is a 95 SC400, what am i supposed to put in for power steering fluid, my manual says DEX II Tranny Fluid, i goto the auto parts store and all i found was DEX III, is that essentially the same and do i have to use it, or is it good to use Power Steering Fluid with a conditioner or something like that?

dextron III is ok to use instead of dextron II (which is no longer available).

This stuff is available from Toyota dealers for about $3.40 per quart and is a Dexron II and Dexron III approved fluid:

http://www.saber.net/~monarch/gtatf.jpg

http://www.saber.net/~monarch/gtatf2.jpg

Your SC400 transmission probably requires Toyota Type T-IV fluid which is also available from Toyota dealers in 1 quart bottles for about $3.40 a quart

You don't want to use PS fluid. You MUST use a Dexron II/III rated fluid. I use Mobil1 Synthetic ATF ... works like a charm!! The PS pumps on these cars are notorious for two reasons ... leaking seals and blocked filter screens ... but I have to wonder how many failed pumps are a result of lack of maintenance or using the wrong type of fluid. This is pure speculation on my part!

:)