Cd Changer Problem

LSshadetree

I'm back after an extended absence, My 93 LS 400 had a trunk leak after hard rains and the CD changer won't work. My LED shows a "load" message and eventually an "ERR" message. The cartridge won't eject, but the door opens. Can anyone in the Club fix them or have any ideas? If dash instruments can be repaired, I don't know why changers can't be repaired from used or fabricated parts. I even would buy a new (used) changer if anyone has a good one. HELP, I have no music.

I'm back after an extended absence, My 93 LS 400 had a trunk leak after hard rains and the CD changer won't work. My LED shows a "load" message and eventually an "ERR" message. The cartridge won't eject, but the door opens. Can anyone in the Club fix them or have any ideas? If dash instruments can be repaired, I don't know why changers can't be repaired from used or fabricated parts. I even would buy a new (used) changer if anyone has a good one. HELP, I have no music.

I'll see if I have a changer for you. Sounds like water damage, Can you confirm water damage ?

I'll see if I have a changer for you. Sounds like water damage, Can you confirm water damage ?

Yes I think it was water damage from water buildup in trunk.

Yes I think it was water damage from water buildup in trunk.

Well, I'm totally frustrated with this changer. I took it out, popped the top and found how to release the cartridge. There's no apparent corrosion or water damage while looking with 7X jewelers glasses, but still no go. Now that the cartridge is released, the radio won't even recognize the changer, yet I didn't do anything but release a small arm to activate the release. These must have been made by Lucas! I hope you can find another. Isn't there anyone who can trouble shoot these from a schematic? Thanks, Carson