Gs 300 Short Ram Air Intake

I have a 99 gs 300, i am thinking about changing the air intake to an after market one. I found a few on ebay, some are reasonably priced some are very expensive. Does anyone have any insight on which to use, will they work? ie: better performance,better mpg thanks ..

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 99 gs 300, i am thinking about changing the air intake to an after market one. I found a few on ebay, some are reasonably priced some are very expensive. Does anyone have any insight on which to use, will they work? ie: better performance,better mpg thanks ..

heyyy are you selling the OEM INTAKE ASSY?? I will gladly buy it from you.

heyyy are you selling the OEM INTAKE ASSY?? I will gladly buy it from you.

OHH the best intakes would either K&N OR INJEN...... dont buy anything else...they are no worth it.

GS lowrider,

I bought one of those intakes that are about $40 from ebay. It works perfectly fine, but one thing that you'll notice is that they don't come with a strong enough bracing..it will move around and make funky noises. You won't hear the noises when yoou're driving, only when you're idling

Gs300dude, I have an extra air-box assembly that I'm looking to get rid off. It includes everything, snorkel, airbox..just like an OEM part. it's weird but the site won't let me send you a message. so if you want, you can message me or give me your email

The one that I bought off of ebay is not for sale anymore. I tried to look for it, but the exact one wasn't there.

I found one very similar though. Maybe it's just because I'm idiot, but I couldnt figure out how to mount it properly.

here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-LE...sQ5fAccessories

what I did was just JB weld it to a part of my engine bay so it wouldn't rattle around. It sounds fine now, and it's rock solid. If I ever decide to change back to an OEM part.....well let's just say..I havent gotten to that far yet.

Don't sell your oem one as you'll want it back.

Intakes that suck air from behind the rad or engine bay are just rice.

You loose power and gas but will impress your friends with a nice sound.

SK, u forget as the gs becomes cheaper and cheaper you will see it riced out more and more often with all these kids under 20 buying them or inheriting them

Don't sell your oem one as you'll want it back.

Intakes that suck air from behind the rad or engine bay are just rice.

You loose power and gas but will impress your friends with a nice sound.

SK, u forget as the gs becomes cheaper and cheaper you will see it riced out more and more often with all these kids under 20 buying them or inheriting them

I did not inherit the gs and i am not 20, i am well into my 30's . i am looking for mods that will improve mpg as well as better performance that are not too expensive. any sugestions?

yea i got one. go buy a wrecked Toyota Tundra from an auction, the one that has the 5.7 Lit V8 engine. take that engine out and put in your GS300. You might have to change a few parts.. ECU, engine mounts etc... but you gonna have the fastest GS300 out there!!! some serious V8 power there!!!

and man have you seen the headers the toyota tundra got?? haha and thats factory!! and please dont get me started on the exhaust that car comes with... sounds like scary !Removed! monster!!!

imagine if you had all that in your GS300!!! :lol:

:::ssssghh:: If only I had the time and the money!! :(

I did not inherit the gs and i am not 20, i am well into my 30's . i am looking for mods that will improve mpg as well as better performance that are not too expensive. any sugestions?

yea i got one. go buy a wrecked Toyota Tundra from an auction, the one that has the 5.7 Lit V8 engine. take that engine out and put in your GS300. You might have to change a few parts.. ECU, engine mounts etc... but you gonna have the fastest GS300 out there!!! some serious V8 power there!!!

and man have you seen the headers the toyota tundra got?? haha and thats factory!! and please dont get me started on the exhaust that car comes with... sounds like scary !Removed! monster!!!

ACTUALLY its been tried....the 5.7 is to big to fit. the 4.7 fits though

ACTUALLY its been tried....the 5.7 is to big to fit. the 4.7 fits though

NOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE DONT TELL ME THAT!!!!! DAMMMMITTTT really it didnt fit?? :o